• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When dining alone, is it rude to read?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Seriously? What in the hell would inspire you to ask such a stupid ******* question?

In a forum full of helicopter-parented nancies asking advice/approval on how to perform the most mundane of tasks, this might be the stupidest question ever asked on here.

Do you honestly think society expects you to sit there and eat, expressionless, staring straight ahead for your entire meal? And if society did, would you even want to be a part of it?

+1 Sometimes when I eat alone I ask the staff if they have today's paper.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously? What in the hell would inspire you to ask such a stupid ******* question?

In a forum full of helicopter-parented nancies asking advice/approval on how to perform the most mundane of tasks, this might be the stupidest question ever asked on here.

Do you honestly think society expects you to sit there and eat, expressionless, staring straight ahead for your entire meal? And if society did, would you even want to be a part of it?

laugh.gif

I was going to start a thread asking if it's rude to chew when dining alone, but now I'm ascared.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Feels good to let out all that rage, doesn't it?

And I love this part: "helicopter-parented nancies"
laugh.gif

computerpro3

Reaction score

I was hoping to provoke you?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice try. Your body of work make Edina look positively glorious.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..
blush.gif

computerpro3

Reaction score
Nice try. Your body of work make Edina look positively glorious.
Personally, I think it's the pearl necklace you gave him that accomplished that. I have a feeling the responses would have been markedly different if I added some snark to the OP; perhaps worded, "Are you ok with being that douchebag with the iPad at Lola?"

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by computerpro3
Personally, I think it's the pearl necklace you gave him that accomplished that.

I have a feeling the responses would have been markedly different if I added some snark to the OP; perhaps worded, "Are you ok with being that douchebag with the iPad at Lola?"

No, it's still a stupid, insecure question and the lulz would ensue regardless.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I remember sitting in a *** restaurant in Paris one evening watching a plump Parisienne eat alone, read a book and have a few cigarettes, all with her dog at her feet. I was thinking that she looked like the most content person in the whole ******* place.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

bahahahahahahahaha

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y'all are ******* spewing some hate.

@FLMM nobody could ever be more ******* useless than Edina. In fact, he's so stupid I feel sick just acknowledging his presence. He starts like 10 threads about a girl being into him or about how much of a loner he is. ****...I have to go throw-up now.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading a book at a meal is awkward - too much concentration required.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads