• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should've went AT&T. Verizon ip4 is slow as ****.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just read that verizon is now going to throttle bandwith for high data users.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't really want to switch carriers. Verizon has been the most reliable when it comes to phone signal in my area or wherever I go really. I doubt it will be any worst than my Samsung Glyde.
Originally Posted by snake
I just read that verizon is going to throttle bandwith for high data users.
Is that a good thing?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Should've went AT&T. Verizon ip4 is slow as ****.

Fortunately Verizon users will be able to use their iPhones as an actual phone unlike AT&T users.

bakatora

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Is that a good thing?

I heard on the radio that "high-data users" slow down their network, so they're decreasing the amount of bandwidth allocated to those users. Sounds pretty terrible to me..

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Fortunately Verizon users will be able to use their iPhones as an actual phone unlike AT&T users.

I use my iphone constantly but rarely make phone calls on it; using a mobile device to make phone calls seems old school lulz. So I am a good fit for AT&T, which has good data but drops 1/2 my calls.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
along with fake 4g around the corner for everyone

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bakatora
I heard on the radio that "high-data users" slow down their network, so they're decreasing the amount of bandwidth allocated to those users. Sounds pretty terrible to me..
Get used to it. No carrier is going to truly provide large numbers of subscribers unlimited wireless data for cheap without bandwidth caps or throttling. The popularity of streaming video has caused network utilization to skyrocket in recent years. For example, some reports are now claiming that Netflix alone accounts for 20% of all Internet traffic in the US during prime time TV watching hours! Granted this is referring to non-cellar networks, but they are experiencing similar issues due to the sudden popularity of iPhone and Andriod based phones. I don't want to see metered or throttled usage either. Perhaps the best solution we can hope for is to hide the price of the bandwidth inside the cost of a Netflix or other video subscription services. This is similar to how Kindle embeds the cost its "free" cellular 3G access inside the cost of the books. What I don't want to see develop is a model where data is seemingly unlimited without caps, but a high price for the base service is the only available option. This is what's largely happened to cable and satellite TV-- a seemingly unlimited number of channels included as standard, but even the lowest end package is expensive. Unfortunately for us, it is probably in the wireless provider's best financial interest to push this model.

david3558

Reaction score
I want to sell my J-Crew Alden Indy's and get another pair, which one? Please pick two!

Alden Indy Chromexcel
Alden Indy (standard 405)
Alden x LeatherSoul Ultimate Jumper (Chromexcel)
Alden x LeatherSoul Tan Seude Ultimate Indy [commando sole]
White's Semi Dress

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil

lol @ not being able to use data and talk at the same time = crippled iphone

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had verizon for 5 years before I got my iPhone (which I've had for 3 years) and the difference in call quality and reliabity is negligible, at least for me. The fact that the verizon ip4 averages about .9mb download speed to AT&Ts 3mb is a joke, add to that no ability for data and voice to work together (uncontrol, once you can do this you can't live without it, so a lot of people) and you get a very watered down version of the iPhone. Also, remember this is afterall an iPhone, and the majority of users use it more for its' Internet capability than to talk on.

Lastly, the speed differences are not about verizons system getting bogged down by data users, gsm is simply a faster technology than verizons CDMA. Which is why verizon is switching to gsm for its' 4g network. Verizon has no way of ever coming close to Att speeds using CDMA.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
who cares, who the **** uses data while on a phone call

ive often said the same thing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics