• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aries83
Tom - I've just used your wax, given to me complimentarily by one of your lovely staff, and I must say it is the most fantastic wax I've ever used on shoes, absolutely superb stuff.

My 2.5 year old captoe boots are shimmering, I'll take some photos in the morning and post up before I head off to wear them in sunny Barcelona.

Nice! Can't wait to see pics.

Aries83

Reaction score
Pics, as promised, after using Leathersoul's beautiful cordovan wax. Alden #8 captoes on plaza last, from Leathersoul.
photo1-9.jpg
photo3-4.jpg
photo2-7.jpg

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aries

I hope mine look like this after a couple years of wear. Beautiful boots!

bigstickz26

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've tried this once before a got pretty good results. If anyone is interested in getting rid of some Alden's, PM me pleeeaaase! I'm looking for the Leather Soul Revello shortwings, Leather Soul Blue Suede PTBs, and Plaza Lasted Loafers in tan, and others. I'm a 9.5D on Barrie, 10D on Plaza. Please someone help me achieve my Alden dreams!

In before "use WTB section", I've been trying for months!

On a side note, I tried to place a custom order through SkyValet here in DC, and they said they sent it through to Alden, and I haven't heard anything in months. Anyone else have this issue?

slam

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the new J. Crew cordovan chukka boots?

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carnival2000
Interesting new blog; www.thelongwing.com

Very cool (particularly the Alden pics).

Tommy P - check out the snuff suede George boot (looks like it's on the Plaza last) - that might need to be a LS offering (if it isn't already).

Burra

Reaction score

In the third picture down of the Yuketen shoes, what are the ones on the left, and the centre pair? I generally don't go for Yuketen because I don't like their moccasin look at all, and I prefer a heel, but those two boots look fantastic. Having difficulty posting the picture here but will try again later.

Edit: found them. Paul and an "almost" Johnson models, only with different soles. I think they look great.

enigma77

Reaction score

Nice. Although gotta say, I think the Alden pics are pretty low quality.

Originally Posted by slam

Meh. They're Barrie-lasted chukkas. I guess the roughed out suede is an exclusive leather? It just looks like chocolate suede that someone rubbed against the grain, TBH, but is nice. Much prefer the Leydon chukkas on flex-welt soles, which is where most other Alden stockists have been headed.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobo_ken
Do you have a 7 or 7.5?

Not at LSW. You might want to try calling LSBH.

Originally Posted by sinnedk
any 10s?

Same. Sorry, our inventories are not linked. Faster to call Bryan.

Originally Posted by slam

Aren't they just the stock #1339 available at any Alden dealer?

Originally Posted by HorseHide
Very cool (particularly the Alden pics).

Tommy P - check out the snuff suede George boot (looks like it's on the Plaza last) - that might need to be a LS offering (if it isn't already).

Man you got a good eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads