• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cartisdm
how are you all drying your socks? I know some mentioned hang dry but there's no way I have the time or space available for that. The dryer has been my method so far but when they come out they look like girl's nylons. Instead of that nice "sock-like" appearance, the tube area is all shrivled up and I want to be sure I'm not harming the socks (plus it makes folding them a little difficult)

What's so hard about hanging them?

Boston Tweed

Reaction score
how are you all drying your socks? I know some mentioned hang dry but there's no way I have the time or space available for that. The dryer has been my method so far but when they come out they look like girl's nylons. Instead of that nice "sock-like" appearance, the tube area is all shrivled up and I want to be sure I'm not harming the socks (plus it makes folding them a little difficult)

You don't need to hang them, just don't put them in the dryer. Once the socks come out of the washing machine damp I simply lay them out on the floor (or hang on towel racks/shower curtain rack) and they dry overnight. Easier than hanging, takes virtually no time, and allows the socks to last much longer.

MadTxn

Reaction score
I dry mine in the dryer, although Kemal recommends to hang dry. Mine were a little big and shrank some after the first dry, so now they fit perfectly. Yes, they do look strange right out of the dryer.

cartisdm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
What's so hard about hanging them?
Space. I have a small one bedroom apartment in which I share with my fiancee. Anything not put away tends to get in the way of either her or myself. I don't have a spare bathroom/shower to hang dry stuff where guests won't see it. I'll just continue to dry them (low heat) I guess. I was checking to see if I was destroying them due to their funky appearance coming out of the dryer EDIT: Some may find this odd, but I just removed my socks after 12 hours of wear. I held them up to my nose, took a big sniff.....nothing. Not even a HINT of odor. If I was blindfolded I would think I was smelling clean fabric. That's amazing and I don't even understand it. PS, I just ordered 4 more pair

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How long does it normally take for orders to the US? I ordered mine 16 days ago, is this normal?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
How long does it normally take for orders to the US? I ordered mine 16 days ago, is this normal?

Yes. Mine took a month. I think a lot of it is the holdup in customs.

cartisdm

Reaction score

Originally Posted by Gibonius

+1

Yes, due to getting hung up in customs, Kemel can't do much to speed up the process. Luckily it's free shipping and the socks are worth it. I have been ordering a couple pair every pay check so I have been getting a steady flow of these great socks.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Yes, due to getting hung up in customs, Kemel can't do much to speed up the process. Luckily it's free shipping and the socks are worth it. I have been ordering a couple pair every pay check so I have been getting a steady flow of these great socks.

Got it thank you
smile.gif

What's weird is that when I ordered a pair of shoes from a guy in the Netherlands the arrived within 7 business days
thumbs-up.gif

If the socks are as quality as everyone says they are I will be ordering several more pairs. Great price!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got it thank you
smile.gif

What's weird is that when I ordered a pair of shoes from a guy in the Netherlands the arrived within 7 business days
thumbs-up.gif

If the socks are as quality as everyone says they are I will be ordering several more pairs. Great price!

Customs has different standards for different countries. I've gotten stuff from Europe in three days, gotten stuff from Taiwan in a week. Turkey seems to be one of the ones with a long hold. I recall Malaysia being bad too, I'm sure there are lots of other bad ones.

rjt65

Reaction score
My first order took close to 2 months

2 weeks Kemal, in customs second got in 2.5 weeks flew through customs... same address... do not despair... they are worth the wait, and no one can control customs

meanpeoplesuck

Reaction score
It's been quite a while now since the Merino socks were supposed to be available in plain colors, are you still expecting them to be available soon Kemal?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meanpeoplesuck
It's been quite a while now since the Merino socks were supposed to be available in plain colors, are you still expecting them to be available soon Kemal?

When I saw this thread up, I was wondering the same thing. I would be interested in wool coloured socks (in big sizes).

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anon
Placed my order Jan 29 and received them today.

I love the brown and tan cotton socks. Great quality, nice colors. Will definitely order more in the future.

I ordered mine mid January and still haven't received them
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads