• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say that the suiting this spring is pretty lousy. I have a jacket from the winter collection that is so much nicer than anything from this season.

Also, those extra slim fit oxfords were the best. They should re-release them.

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
A little disappointed with the collection. Jackets are nice but not really worth the price. Would get it if they go on sales. However, the cropped pants are my favorite.

5391217597_f4721b7b31_z.jpg

5391217069_5f148892e8_z.jpg

where did you get your cardigan?

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Does anybody know how the collar measurements run on the oxfords in a small? I recently got a couple secondhand and was really impressed. I'd like to snag some more before they go to crap, like I've heard rumbled about. I need a 15.25 to 15.5 collar, but usually wear a Small or Extra Small shirt size. I'm looking for good beaters, under sixty dollars a pop. Preferably well under.

thebarsmydestination

Reaction score
Huh. I guess I assumed they were indicative of quality but that design would vary-- I'd go for a handful of those in staple colors for thirty bucks a pop like gangbusters.

mjo317

Reaction score
does the material for suiting usually stay the same? looking to buy pants but don't know if it'll match a blazer from a past season

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
where did you get your cardigan?

I'm not mellowfellow....
but I'm pretty sure its from Club Monaco

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The UK site has got the new +J line up today. Nothing particularly tempting for me. Looked at the +J long-sleeved T's but decided to stick with the much cheaper standard ones. Is the quality of the +J T's any better or is it more a question of fit?

coldforge

Reaction score
I think the quality's better. The only long-sleeved Ts i have from their main line are 'light cotton', whereas the +J ones are compacted cotton. I also have main line short tees in regular cotton, heattech, and whatever they were calling their hot-weather blend. I have not seen this fabric in any of the main line tees. The cut is also definitely a little more fashiony—though to tell you the truth, MoK, it seems a little incongruous with most of what I see you wearing.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
I think the quality's better. The only long-sleeved Ts i have from their main line are 'light cotton', whereas the +J ones are compacted cotton. I also have main line short tees in regular cotton, heattech, and whatever they were calling their hot-weather blend. I have not seen this fabric in any of the main line tees. The cut is also definitely a little more fashiony"”though to tell you the truth, MoK, it seems a little incongruous with most of what I see you wearing.

Thanks - yes I'm more of a classic cut fan, although as I'm slowly slimming down, I'm looking at slightly slimmer cuts than I've been used to wearing. They're mainly for layering under overshirts etc.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any impressions on the washable sweaters?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
any impressions on the washable sweaters?

I've had their merino sweaters, merino/cashmere sweaters and cotton sweaters in the past, but not from the current season. They've all been very thin, but held their shape well with a machine wash and air dry and lasted okay for the price - less bobbling than I've had on some dearer sweaters. I tended to use them for layering under a sportscoat or suit and they did the job pretty well.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I've had their merino sweaters, merino/cashmere sweaters and cotton sweaters in the past, but not from the current season. They've all been very thin, but held their shape well with a machine wash and air dry and lasted okay for the price - less bobbling than I've had on some dearer sweaters. I tended to use them for layering under a sportscoat or suit and they did the job pretty well.
i'm referring to their new (now renamed) Fine Cotton Blended Knitwear http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/list/basic...shablesweaters it's a cotton/poly blend that's apparently new to them, was just curious if it was worth having proxied

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where is +J made?
is there a specific user that does proxying? (like that dior guy on sufu)

snowman likes the cropped trousers
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads