• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went in with the notion of a wholecut on the AS43, but in person I found the AS19 (almond-shaped) to be very lovely and visually elongating. It may be the nicest last I've seen since the EG82. I also keep thinking about that austerity brogue....

Will give it 24 hours, by which point I'll either confirm with Chay or submit a revision for the first order. At the end of the day, I'm probably doing nothing more than rotating the sequence of my eventual orders.
laugh.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
I went in with the notion of a wholecut on the AS43, but in person I found the AS19 (almond-shaped) to be very lovely and visually elongating. It may be the nicest last I've seen since the EG82. I also keep thinking about that austerity brogue....

Will give it 24 hours, by which point I'll either confirm with Chay or submit a revision for the first order. At the end of the day, I'm probably doing nothing more than rotating the sequence of my eventual orders.
laugh.gif

Ha! Agreed! Glad you had fun. Did you make it to W. Bill?

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osborn
Wow. Are these tours available to any punters or what do you have to do to qualify?

I'm a first-time AS customer, so I believe the experience is open to everyone.

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Ha! Agreed! Glad you had fun. Did you make it to W. Bill?

Unfortunately, no. Honestly, I never expected to be on the ground for 4 hours, and after errands at EG and Cleverley I just couldn't make it. Will have to carve out time on the next trip as am off to Naples tomorrow.
smile.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pictures medtech,do you just live and travel to buy clothing?
biggrin.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
like a full or half sock , it only means something to the collector - doesn't have much function, although that's been debated.

this has a function, period.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat

laugh.gif

Thanks for the great post of the factory tour!

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention a few things:

1) Chay plans to have a showroom in central London in the coming few months. This will definitely make things easier for those interested to view the finished product up close.

2) he will be visiting San Francisco and Chicago during his next US trip (April, IIRC)

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've finalized the first commission as a wholecut on the AS19 (almond) last in mahogany. I suppose that my feet are not as irregular as I imagined, as Chay indicated he will bypass the fitting shoe and go straight to the finished product (and will redo if it doesn't work out!). He sent me a file with 28 different toe medallions, and I've selected my 6 favorite here. Please help me by indicating your preference for my particular configuration - and plain toe is definitely in the running.

btw, if anyone would like the entire file please PM with your email.

Groover

Reaction score
Numbers 2 and 17 are my favs, have seen those on some styles at the factory.

EDIT: They don't look 'cock and balls' when on the shoe Trini.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#2, 17 and 24 are very cock-and-balls so you may want to avoid those.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
#2, 17 and 24 are very cock-and-balls so you may want to avoid those.

Ha! Now that you mentioned it, I'll probably always see it.
frown.gif

Do you like any, or would you prefer a plain toe?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1 & 17

Groover

Reaction score
This is the one I'm using on a pair AS are close to finishing.

Toemedallions027.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads