• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gusvs
My newly arrived (and first pair of) Saint Crispin's:

I can really testify to what others have said about Mr. Car; he has been a true gentleman and a pleasure to deal with throughout the whole process.

I think if you stare into these deep enough you might see Adam & Eve. So it goes.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fritzl was very generous in having some trees made up for my Greshams in Vienna. These are my first 3-piece trees, and I like them very much. Update as well for you black haters: I doubled-down on the Greshams, this time on the 82 last in burnt pine. The last shoe of the EG sale!

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by worth
I have the cheapest quality new boots on the face of the planet in these Ritano Wingtip boots. I knew for $70 they would be cheap, but I needed something for the sloppy days that I didn't care about getting messed up. Most people can't tell the difference anyway, and i've had compliments on them.

After two wears, the stitching is popping out on the crease where the foot bends.

I don't want to take it to a cobbler, because I want to spend the least amount on them as possible. I don't want to spend $50 or $100 in repairs to a $5 boot.

I could return them, but I would have to cover shipping costs to the US from Canada, so if I could fix them for cheap, i'd rather do that.

Any suggestions other than throwing them out? Because I know that is the first thing that came to everyone's mind.

In addition, i'm a firm believer in quality now. Why spend $70 on a pair of boots that lasted 2 wears when you can spend more but get 10 years out of them? It was a wasted $70 I know.

Well, since you've dismissed the two most logical options...duct tape?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
fritzl was very generous in having some trees made up for my Greshams in Vienna. These are my first 3-piece trees, and I like them very much. Update as well for you black haters: I doubled-down on the Greshams, this time on the 82 last in burnt pine. The last shoe of the EG sale!

Black power!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my black Grants today for the first time in a while.

LOVE the Gresham. Getting a MTO pair of Jodphurs in chocolate brown suede from Alfred Sargent actually.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are my first 3-piece trees, and I like them very much.

For boots, you should have opted for boot-sized trees:

suede014.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fritzl was very generous in having some trees made up for my Greshams in Vienna. These are my first 3-piece trees, and I like them very much.

actually two and a half hours away from vienna.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fritzl
actually, it wasn't possible today to do a pair of trees from the scratch. mr. berta adjusted an existing pair.

from my archive, mr. berta at work:

Bild069.jpg

glad you like your first foray into the three piece world.

gusvs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Congrats ^^ those are stunning - and that shoe box! :p

Originally Posted by kev777
Christsakes they are wonderful !!! Have they been bloody varnished
laugh.gif

Wow... just beautiful. Enjoy and wear them in good health!

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
gusvs - killer Saint Crispin's!

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I think if you stare into these deep enough you might see Adam & Eve. So it goes.

Originally Posted by rebel222
WOW!!!

Thanks everyone!

Those look really nice medtech, looking forward to see the Burnt Pine version!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gus, those shoes are lovely. Look a bit like my Scafore, actually.
peepwall[1].gif

Vok

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
^ If I am not mistaken SF member MalfordofLondon has had some experience with Stemar.

Wow. My first real post and I get a reply from Spoo? I'm giggling like a schoolgirl!

Thanks for the info. I checked out his site but he doesn't appear to be stocking shoes. (See what I did there?)

Not to worry, though. I'm new to this whole arena so I probably need to get some gateway purchases under my belt before I start coveting these with any real conviction.

Still, though, *damn* nice shoes.

JDelage

Reaction score
Interesting colors. What did you do to get those dark shadows?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads