• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
eb40bf6f.png

lolllllllllllllllllllll

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
Schneider
Jil
Silent
Dior
Raf
Amirite?

Close, brands are listed in his tumblr.

stephan schneider alpaca/wool scarf

jil sander metallic stripe crewneck

silent tee, w+h jeans

raf simons astronaut sneakers

SimonT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stinger70
you are wearing them too high up...looks awkward and a little revealing
plain.gif

I'm wearing them the way they must be worn with à jacket and a shirt !

it's not a coated X terrific treatment X Mega stacking pair of jeans...

cez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
People seem to think that diors have some magical fit. They're not that skinny and they don't have some magical ass on them that makes you need to sag them. They're not thin finns with some mad taper and ridiculously low pockets and high rise, which you can't really not sag. They're just kind of slim, but less then petite standards and cures and the rise is fairly standard. I think they look great with your fit and they've faded nicely.

i have not tried any APC's but from what i've read 19cm was actually inspired by an APC cut (not certain which)

also based on fit pic of two denims, one main difference is the reduced hip flare (thanks to darting) on diors.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ditching your shoes !

(is what you should do)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jeans1p.jpg
jeans2q.jpg
jeansshoes.jpg
THE BOY PERSEVERES... Trying out my first SF-inspired no-risk skinny-fit jeans. Would love to know how they fit. As no one seems to sell a length 29, they're maybe an inch too long. (As ever, yes, the test shirt is too large).

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
ditching your shoes !

(is what you should do)

Originally Posted by about11oclock
Yes, totally fine and unremarkable until the nasty nasty shoes

Are they that bad? I doubt I'll throw them out, because I like them for casual wear. But if you don't mind, I'm very interested in learning what you think is so wrong about them. Here's a better photo:

1_7c840ebdf804d9b18f4415e94e876aa1.jpg

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
Trying out my first SF-inspired no-risk skinny-fit jeans. Would love to know how they fit. As no one seems to sell a length 29, they're maybe an inch too long. (As ever, yes, the test shirt is too large).
IMO they are not too long at all. I think skinny jeans look pretty gross without at least some break/stacking (unless they are cropped on purpose like some junya pieces).

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarrisonK
Brooks Brothers tweed sport coat Ralph Lauren sweater Ralph Lauren oxford shirt Ralph Lauren burgundy corduroys Johnston and Murphy Tassel Loafers The colors were flawless but the camera didnt pick up the colors, thats why it is in sepia. What does everyone here think?
Re-post this in the MC WAYWRN thread for more in depth criticism. Preferably a better photo as well. From what I can see - your shirt collar is undone? it looks a little big for you either way, your trousers look pretty damn baggy and your jacket looks too big. The length/sleeve length look like they are probably ok, but it is entirely without shape. The thing that makes old man clothes work on younger people is getting the fit just right, and usually a little slimmer than an old guy would actually wear them.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great Aeglus, feel like another hat would be better (nitpicking).
I think the top half looks sick Kelv, not a fan of the jeans, though.

Boring MC:
IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

My office (10):
IMAG0362.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kelvinkrushingwaywt where are people getting silent ts other than the grey ones at forward? harrisonk - that looks severely dated. jacket is too long, three button, big shoulders. Pants have more fabric than harem pants, but don't look as good. This looks like 1992. noob can't see your jeans very well, they don't look too bad. shoes don't go with that look, and as you say the shirt is ridiculous

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Well, I think this is basically what we were expecting.

I skimmed his post history because of this comment-->
lol8[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads