• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Side by side or mixed?
confused.gif

side by side. I dare not mix the two.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't think so. So, which one won out?

The parfum, easily. I don't think I can wear the EdT without a hit of the parfum.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Womanity today.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
The parfum, easily. I don't think I can wear the EdT without a hit of the parfum.
Just let me know when you need some more. I'll probably be 50 before I ever use all this up.
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Womanity today.
You're a brave man-woman.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're a brave man-woman.

Womanity can be a little intimidating at first, no doubt about it. But as you get some experience under your belt, you realize there's nothing to fear. You should give it a try.
bounce2.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another day for Rive. What a great scent and so inexpensive.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Womanity can be a little intimidating at first, no doubt about it. But as you get some experience under your belt, you realize there's nothing to fear. You should give it a try.
bounce2.gif

The idea of being a man-woman for Thierry Mugler is far too scary to even think about. See Rach for photographic evidence.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Today, wasn't really sure what I wanted, couldn't find the old decant of Amber Precieux so I went with Knize Ten.

boo

Reaction score
Saks for Him today.

I got a chance to sniff the upcoming new Bond New York Aoud. Smells similar to the Bond No 9 perfume, but less "fume-ey" and with a bit of dark sweetness. Now that I think of it, it smells like a blend of Saks for Him and Bond No 9 Perfume.

ratratan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
^^ if you have Guerlains Vetiver in a clear non-frosted bottle then I think that's the EdC version, maybe the Extreme? Or if it's the non-ridged bottle, just a hard square with a square inset like the HR bottle if it's the one I'm picturing, then you probably have some vintage juice. Harder to find but still out there.

i never knew there was an EdC. got any pictures? this may be my next bottle. i'm pretty sure about mine being vintage juice since i bought it from vinatge fragrance shop in hk.
laugh.gif
anyways i finally drained it today.
frown.gif
wearing it again for sotd...

this is the one i keep seeing...
plain.gif

5a12e95a1cb97fd497e7.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ I'm pretty fond of that version, actually. But, yeah, the vintage is out there, maybe try eurofinegifts.com - Jaime generally has a number of vintages floating around although it's been a while since I last checked.

Have you tried the Carven or Givenchy Vetivers? Those might work for you.

Also just thought of L'Occitane, for some strange reason

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nahema today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads