• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just when I decided that I needed Camo rivet chinos in my life, 31s are sold out. I suppose I could eat Peter Pan donuts until I'm a 32.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Just when I decided that I needed Camo rivet chinos in my life, 31s are sold out. I suppose I could eat Peter Pan donuts until I'm a 32.
You'll get there faster with Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburgers.
krispy-kreme-cheeseburgers.jpg

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I only buy the Laurel collection, so everything is made in England, Italy, or Portugal. We're definitely bringing in some classic MIE polos, a MIE harrington in two colors, and I believe some Portugese knits. I can post quick photos when the stuff arrives.

I'm really excited to be one of their accounts. Anyone who knows me will attest that I wear Fred Perry MIE polos five to six times a week - all year round. I've been doing that for the past 17 years or so. I love these shirts.

Wow, there really is a bit of Mod deep down, huh.

Awesome... I need to expand my own Fred Perry collection.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
As a follow up to my comments on ironing the rivet chino's; As someone suggested, after taking them out of the washing machine, I pulled each leg seam and laid them flat afterwards to dry, taking care to smooth out the wrinkles as best as possible. Worked wonders!

You're welcome.
smile.gif

jeisurii

Reaction score
Received my first Epaulet shirt the other day, doublefaced charcoal tartan in large, and the fit is quite spot on. Sleeves (a particularly trouble spot for me), shoulders, chest and all are perfect. The shirt itself feels great and looks even better. Much love

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Impulsv
Does anyone here own any JCrew pants? What cut do you wear (classic, urban slim, etc.) and how does the fit compare to the Epaulet rivet chinos? Rise, seat, thighs, etc.

I size up one from my urban slim size, fit is similar probably slightly slimmer in thighs and lower rise on eps.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very tempted by the remaindered Streaky Smiths.

I'm a 36 in Nudie Average Joe but wouldn't want the waist much tighter. Should I go for the Smiths in 36 or 35?

Thanks

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first batch of Smiths required people to size down 1 from your normal jeans size.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got a pair of gunmetal chinos the other day and have worn them twice already. I'm no stranger to the fit of the rivet chinos"”best fit ever"”but there's something notable about this particular fabric. The color appears differently in changing light; it can appear straight gray or have a cast of green, blue and even (in shadows) brown. It's chameleon fabric!

Another slam dunk, Mike.

unclesam099

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Very tempted by the remaindered Streaky Smiths.

I'm a 36 in Nudie Average Joe but wouldn't want the waist much tighter. Should I go for the Smiths in 36 or 35?

Thanks

I got a 36 and that was just right for me. I'm a measured ~37" waist, and the waist is just a little loose. The thigh was the deciding factor though, as I am a rower and these are (nearly) skin tight. They've stretched a little bit with a few wears.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first batch of Smiths required people to size down 1 from your normal jeans size.

Originally Posted by unclesam099
I got a 36 and that was just right for me. I'm a measured ~37" waist, and the waist is just a little loose. The thigh was the deciding factor though, as I am a rower and these are (nearly) skin tight. They've stretched a little bit with a few wears.

Cheers guys - I'm just over 37 measured. I've largish thighs (24") but it looks like either size will fit thigh wise. I'm a 34 in Levi 752's, 36 in non-stf 501s, but a 36 in Nudies Average Joe is as snug as I'd want to go in the waist.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're a 36 in non-stf 501s, I would assume that you would be a 35 in the first edition Smiths. I think Mike would be able to provide the best answer though.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
If you're a 36 in non-stf 501s, I would assume that you would be a 35 in the first edition Smiths. I think Mike would be able to provide the best answer though.

Thanks - best to PM him or does he check in pretty regularly?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads