• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
the cigar indys are amazing... wore mine yesterday. i mentioned your new arrivals on the alden thread

Thanks brah!

Originally Posted by dsoren
If you get any of these in but aren't ready to post them up yet, let me know. I'm ready to buy!

Is this the Gant one you are getting?

Yup, that's the exact jacket - we're getting it in both orange and blue. It's ass kicking. Sure, I'll post up pics and the initial fit once it arrives, should be any day now. We can definitely sell it via paypal invoice or phone order before it goes online.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Anyone own the charcoal flannel and think it might be just a little thick for spring mid atlantic, mid seventy temps? more just for winter? thanks..

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...harcoal/Detail

Can chime in on this. I have this shirt and love it. It is flannel but for lack of a better descriptor, I would call it "flannel-lite". Great shirt and can definitely be worn in warmer temps than you would think without actually seeing the shirt.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Yeah, it's super soft but it's not thick. I would wear it in 70 degree weather even, provided it was worn as a single layer.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrrggghhh! Was lucky and smart (rare for me) enough to nab a pair of the charcoal donegal tweed pants (deadstock I believe). Took them to a new tailor two and a half weeks ago to have them hemmed and they are still too long. Yes I know, better than too short but two and a half weeks to do a frickin' hem? WTF? Will try to find someone else after the blizzard blows through here. I am a very self-indulgent person. If I want something, I want it now damnit. Waiting what will probably end up being close to four weeks to wear a kickass pair of trousers just pisses me off
plain.gif
laugh.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Arrrggghhh! Was lucky and smart (rare for me) enough to nab a pair of the charcoal donegal tweed pants (deadstock I believe). Took them to a new tailor two and a half weeks ago to have them hemmed and they are still too long. Yes I know, better than too short but two and a half weeks to do a frickin' hem? WTF? Will try to find someone else after the blizzard blows through here.
I am a very self-indulgent person. If I want something, I want it now damnit. Waiting what will probably end up being close to four weeks to wear a kickass pair of trousers just pisses me off
plain.gif
laugh.gif

That sucks. I know the feeling. I took a pair to my regular tailor, but the younger one I go to all the time was busy helping a customer with a MTM suit so one of his old school Italian assistants hooked me up and did them I remember and they ended up with too much of a break (old school style) so I took them back and they brought them up free of charge (I already paid for the first time).

If I were you, I would bring them back to the same to have them bring them up more free of charge before you pay for another tailoring service for the same pair.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Yup, that's the exact jacket - we're getting it in both orange and blue. It's ass kicking. Sure, I'll post up pics and the initial fit once it arrives, should be any day now. We can definitely sell it via paypal invoice or phone order before it goes online.

You are the man. How much will it be?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
That sucks. I know the feeling. I took a pair to my regular tailor, but the younger one I go to all the time was busy helping a customer with a MTM suit so one of his old school Italian assistants hooked me up and did them I remember and they ended up with too much of a break (old school style) so I took them back and they brought them up free of charge (I already paid for the first time).

If I were you, I would bring them back to the same to have them bring them up more free of charge before you pay for another tailoring service for the same pair.

I would but two and a half weeks wait time is not worth saving the $. I may go back there in a day or so and see if they will do it gratis and rush it through. If they won't expedite the alteration I will go elsewhere.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That's what I would try first. Otherwise, I can understand why you would change it up.

dinted voice

Reaction score
Mike,

I see where some shortsleeve madras has gone up (and some sizes sold out!). Any ETA on the long sleeve? I want to make sure I jump on and get them and also how long I have to save since I want to get some lightweight wool trousers as well!.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for posting the pic. The fit's great on you. And cuuuufffff! All the way.
Originally Posted by dsoren
Cuffz FTW.
Originally Posted by tonio028
Great fit. Definitely cuff, but I think you'd be best with a hem and small cuff as opposed to a double or triple cuff.
Thanks for all the feedback, I was definitely leaning towards cuff. I like the idea of hemming, but maybe I'll wait until I give them a soak and get a little shrinkage out of the way first.
Hey guys, We're starting to receive some early Spring merchandise soon. I expect to have the following merch in store and online within the next week or so: Fred Perry Spring 1
Question, what spring items can we expect from FP?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Mike,

I see where some shortsleeve madras has gone up (and some sizes sold out!). Any ETA on the long sleeve? I want to make sure I jump on and get them and also how long I have to save since I want to get some lightweight wool trousers as well!.

Oh no worries, we've had those S/S madras shirts for a while now.

The new L/S's should be here in about 3-4 weeks. We'll have every size well covered. Let me see, I can probably post some swatches later today.

And yes, we'll have a ton of lightweight wool trousers too!

Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Question, what spring items can we expect from FP?

I only buy the Laurel collection, so everything is made in England, Italy, or Portugal. We're definitely bringing in some classic MIE polos, a MIE harrington in two colors, and I believe some Portugese knits. I can post quick photos when the stuff arrives.

I'm really excited to be one of their accounts. Anyone who knows me will attest that I wear Fred Perry MIE polos five to six times a week - all year round. I've been doing that for the past 17 years or so. I love these shirts.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a follow up to my comments on ironing the rivet chino's; As someone suggested, after taking them out of the washing machine, I pulled each leg seam and laid them flat afterwards to dry, taking care to smooth out the wrinkles as best as possible. Worked wonders!
These are great pants!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, We're doing a big clearance on our Mark McNairy ties! All our our remaining stock is going out at $30 shipped to US addresses. And we can do two ties for $50. These are all made in the USA by Brooks Brothers and measure 3 1/4" wide.
5411320780_927945c424_z.jpg
See Full Size Open the full size image link and you can see the description for each tie. If you want to pick some up, just drop me a PM with the tie or ties that you want, and I'll e-mail you an in voice. We've got about 20 units in all. Shipping in the US is free. For International addresses, our normal shipping rates apply. Please note that they are final sale. Thanks! Mike Here's the available stock (I'll edit this as we sell them) NAVY/GOLD/GREEN: 0 BURGUNDY WAVE: 0 NAVY/PURPLE: 0 BLUE WASP: 1 NAVY/RED STRIPE: 1 MULTI-STRIPE: 2

mikesduc

Reaction score
Just got the Gunmetal gray chinos and West Egg sand LW's. I knew I would love the shoes having purchased the snuff suede last year but the chinos blew me away. My wife liked them so much she had me order two more pair in British khaki and navy. Kudos on the chinos!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any photos of the streaky smith's after a wash or two or a bit of wear?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads