• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by palma
Hey guys,

Glad to jump into this thread. I was wondering if any of you have experimented with these vintage style Firestone tires that I have seen on all the Zero Engineering Bikes.

http://onlyoldiesgarage.com/xcart/pr...roductid=16438

I have thought about putting them on a Harley Davidson Sportster 48 or Royal Enfield Bullet 500. Although, I am afraid RE 500 might suffer from a really screwed up alignment of the frame. Yes, this is purely for aesthetic purposes and giving up a bit of ride quality is a sacrifice I am willing to make, but not too the point that it is intolerable or deadly
plain.gif

Yeah, I see those a good bit on bikes, but I have no personal experience with them myself.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Once in a while, it's great to live in the south:

hd1l.jpg

hd2l.jpg

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
There's a ride and handling quality about the Ducatis - MV Agustas too - that the Japanese bike makers just can't seem to duplicate. The only the Ducs need to push them over the top for me is more horses in the engine.

I'd frankly say that the Honda CBR is probably more agile, but the Duc. V-twin is just a more enjoyable engine to ride. I really think a V4 engine is the best of both worlds, but only Aprilia is running one right now and Honda wasted theirs in the new Goldwing - oops, I mean VFR1200.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tumblr_lfz3luobKR1qa7617o1_500.jpg

Kookz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Once in a while, it's great to live in the south:

hd1l.jpg

hd2l.jpg

The jerkstore called, they're running out of you.

I was supposed to throw my bike in a pickup and drive to Texas next week with a couple of friends, couple other bikes, and 2 cars on a trailer behind us, but I've been asked to go to Ghana for a couple weeks for work so I'll be doing that instead. I can't wait to get back on my Duc...and I really need to sell my R1200GS! Unfortunately the DMV in CT took 6 months to get me my Ducati title, so I'm afraid it'll take that long for the BMW as well and I won't be able to sell it until then.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
The jerkstore called, they're running out of you.

I was supposed to throw my bike in a pickup and drive to Texas next week with a couple of friends, couple other bikes, and 2 cars on a trailer behind us, but I've been asked to go to Ghana for a couple weeks for work so I'll be doing that instead. I can't wait to get back on my Duc...and I really need to sell my R1200GS! Unfortunately the DMV in CT took 6 months to get me my Ducati title, so I'm afraid it'll take that long for the BMW as well and I won't be able to sell it until then.

laugh.gif

Good luck in Ghana, be safe, and of course, good luck with DMV, which may prove a more formidable foe than a few weeks in Ghana..

Kookz

Reaction score
Malaria almost killed me 3 weeks ago, so I figure what are the chances I'll pick it up on back to back trips to the region? I have to have better luck than that...

Can't wait for NY to thaw out this spring though.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
Malaria almost killed me 3 weeks ago, so I figure what are the chances I'll pick it up on back to back trips to the region? I have to have better luck than that...

Can't wait for NY to thaw out this spring though.

Glad to hear the outcome was not worse, that would have been a pretty ignoble way to go.. Srsly, be careful out there!

Yeah, last weekend was a little tease for spring to come. It's gonna be solid 30s all weekend now. Nice thing is there are usually at least 2 or 3 days a month in the dead of winter where it warms up enough to ride, just enough that I don't worry too much about winterizing all those f*cking bikes..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Glad to hear the outcome was not worse, that would have been a pretty ignoble way to go.. Srsly, be careful out there!

Yeah, last weekend was a little tease for spring to come. It's gonna be solid 30s all weekend now. Nice thing is there are usually at least 2 or 3 days a month in the dead of winter where it warms up enough to ride, just enough that I don't worry too much about winterizing all those f*cking bikes..

Dood, 30s are good for riding! I used to put on my ski-doo suit and ride 30 miles into the nearest city when it was 10F.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Dood, 30s are good for riding! I used to put on my ski-doo suit and ride 30 miles into the nearest city when it was 10F.

**** that noise, when it's below 50, my bikes stay parked and I ride around in my car..
laugh.gif

Duder

Reaction score
... ..........
ffffuuuu.gif

no one rides sports bikes here???

well.. I guess I'll contribute a few of my own...

DSC03746.jpg

DSC03747.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duder
... ..........
ffffuuuu.gif

no one rides sports bikes here???

I used to, a long time ago had a 600F2, then a 600RR, moved away to a VFR800 and now have a Multistrada 1200.

But I gotta say, I've been wanting a new Aprilia RSV4, just waiting to see what the new non-trellised Ducati will look like - all those fancy electronics will be on every bike within 2 years. And the new Vyrus looks particularly hot. The Norton won't be as exciting since they dumped the rotary in favor of an I4.

Too many bikes, not enough garage space.

Duder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
I used to, a long time ago had a 600F2, then a 600RR, moved away to a VFR800 and now have a Multistrada 1200.

But I gotta say, I've been wanting a new Aprilia RSV4, just waiting to see what the new non-trellised Ducati will look like - all those fancy electronics will be on every bike within 2 years. And the new Vyrus looks particularly hot. The Norton won't be as exciting since they dumped the rotary in favor of an I4.

Too many bikes, not enough garage space.

as much as I like the new fancy electronics that are coming out.... I still want that "old" ish Ducati Desmosidici... ( it is the closest thing to a MotoGP bike you can buy)

and none of the manufacturers have done that since the 80's ( RG500, RZV500R, NS400R)

what happened to race on sunday sell on monday......

or maybe its just me
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads