• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Do yourself a favor and take a seam cutter and cut off the back pocket stitching.

You look so polite in your fit pics, yet you're increasingly acting rather snarky.
laugh.gif

At least the pockets are made of genuine selvedge. That's gotta count for something.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Yes, I did hot soak the jeans for about an hour and hung dry them.

Casey was right, as they did shrink a little bit to the 33 size. I think they fit PERFECT now.

I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get home from work.

myke

sacredblue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Do yourself a favor and take a seam cutter and cut off the back pocket stitching.

Absolutely right. That's the first thing I did with my new FHs. A good pair of scissors and tweezers will do it too if you take your time.

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sacredblue
Absolutely right. That's the first thing I did with my new FHs. A good pair of scissors and tweezers will do it too if you take your time.

What is the benefit/purpose of doing that? Seriously.

myke

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so you can like, you know, stick it to the man!

personally I just leave everything where it's supposed to be. It's part of the design, and if you're buying old school type stuff anyway I'd rather have hte 1/1000 person who recognizes that pattern ask me about them. if they're 7FAM's I might get rid of the stitching so i don't get every random person comment on them becuase that's not why i bought them.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IBJanky
What is the benefit/purpose of doing that? Seriously.

myke

Some people don't like how the Flat Head back pocket arcuates look. Those are the people suggesting that you remove them. No other benefit other than cosmetic, if that's how you feel about the arcs.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Some people don't like how the Flat Head back pocket arcuates look. Those are the people suggesting that you remove them. No other benefit other than cosmetic, if that's how you feel about the arcs.

i think he was being sarcastic

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone who said he "shouldve" gotten RRL: you guys are dumb

Nice fit OP

IBJanky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler

I personally feel ok with them on. Taking them off is just too nit picky if you ask me.

Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
i think he was being sarcastic

No I wasn't. I was being serious.

myke

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
It's pretty simple.
If you keep the backpocket stitching, you're for Mubarak.
If you remove it, you're for freedom.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
keep the arcs, nice pick with FH as it is one of the best in both fit and quality, ignore people saying you should have gotten rrl (rrl is nice but quality is nowhere near as good as what you got), and wear the hell out of them

Also janky hangs out with shaq so he gets a free pass at making special threads ok guys

IBJanky

Reaction score
What does RRL stand for anyway? Yes, I am being serious
wink.gif
myke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads