• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

LorenzL

Reaction score
Thanks for using my referral link
wink.gif
kidding aside, you only get the 10$ if the user hasn't registered on Groupon before, so you certainly don't get rich with this (because everyone is on Groupon already)... I basically got 1 coupon for free so far (since December) and I can only use it for Indochino, because I'm in Europe and the US Groupon deals don't work for me, unless it's an online deal...

LorenzL

Reaction score
2 more things, I recently used my Groupon coupon to buy 3 ties and cufflinks - so if anyone is interested I can post a couple of pics of the ties. Interestingly, the quality of the newer ties seems much better. I bought one earlier 2010 and it felt like plastic, now they actually feel like silk. They are really slim though, so I'm not sure if everyone likes that.

The cufflinks are rather cheap quality (my brother is a goldsmith and commented on them).

The Groupon codes can be shared by the way, I once asked Angie about it. They don't care who bought it, the code is what matters and in their system it's not associated with a customer name I guess.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree the cufflinks are pretty cheap, but do the job if you get them on discount.
it's tough to find quality skinny ties.

barrygavin

Reaction score
Are Indochina suit pants fairly skinny? I'm going to be buying a suit from them and I want a rather skinny suit pant leg.

I've read a little bit of this thread but it's freakishly long, so sorry if this has already been answered.

GloStiX

Reaction score
^You can see the pictures on LorenzL's blog.

General consensus is yes they are slim and some have reported the thighs being too tight.
If you are referring to "taper" below the knee, probably not as "skinny" as say a pair of skinny jeans, but you can apply your tailoring credit towards that if you wish.

My suit should be here early next week, will post pics.
smile.gif

worth

Reaction score
I took some pictures today from the stuff i've gotten from them in the past 8 months or so.

I have decided that I am no longer going to purchase anything from them. Quality is just not there, and my measurements aren't getting any better. Price is decent, but it's not worth what they are supplying. I have decided that it is much better to spend a bit more for a higher quality product than it is to spend it on cheap items, such as these.

In a pinch, they do. If you don't have a suit, and need one in a relativley short time, I would recommend going this rout rather than Moores or Mens Wearhouse or whatever that places is. I fully believe you can do a lot better at Indochino than at an off the rack store like that.

That being said, you must expect a $300 suit when you order one. Most people here would not be staisfied with a $300 suit, and that is why we see the negative responses. You're not going to get $1000 suit for $300, it just doesn't work like that.

Indochino is what it is. Decent price for a somewhat MTM product, good for those who aren't too picky and need a suit every once in a while. There are much better options for the rest of us.

I don't even know what they've done with their measuring system. I have no confidence in whatever they are doing to it. It also seems as though they're trying to get rid of additional features, like chenge pockets, brace buttons and little stuff like that. Doesn't much matter, the buttons for Braces don't stay on anyway. 3 of the buttons on one of my pair of trousers for braces have come off.

Anyway, enough talk, more pictures:

Belgian Pilots Jacket:

Super thin, not good for Canadian winters at all. Basically, if it's more than 5 or 10 celcius below freezing, this jacket is no good. That's like below 20F. There are no insulating properties in this jacket.

Also, one of the buttons on the arm popped off one day, I had to sew it back on. Cheap materials, cheap labour. I do like the jacket though. It looks nice.

img3482j.jpg

img3483s.jpg

img3484r.jpg

Here is the last shirt I got from them. For $100 I feel I can do a lot better.

img3488hm.jpg

img3489m.jpg

img3490j.jpg

Navy Blazer:

img3491q.jpg

img3492u.jpg

img3493u.jpg

img3494vc.jpg

Charcoal 3 piece:

img3495j.jpg

img3496z.jpg

img3497v.jpg

img3498e.jpg

img3500o.jpg

img3501i.jpg

img3502e.jpg

Sorry for the not so great pictures. The suits will pass 95% of the population. I get comments on them from people "not in the know", but all you guys are the other 5% of the population obviously.

There is a pretty high possibility that I will be having a bespoke suit made starting in the next couple of weeks here. If that happens I will let you guys know.

Any questions just ask.

GloStiX

Reaction score
OK I have received my suit, and will post pictures when I get a chance.

Let me say:

1. the fit is atrocious. HORRIBLE. Everything came a couple inches larger than expected.
2. the quality is questionable. I have threads popping out all over the place.

I will be applying for a re-make but I need you guys' help:

When adjusting a measurement, such as for "BICEP SIZE", say you want the sleeves 1 inch slimmer in CIRCUMFERENCE, do you do -1" on their site, or do you do -0.5", as if the jacket were measured laying flat?

ZenStyle

Reaction score
GloStiX - adjust the measurements inline with the way they show the measurements on the site...ie: circumference.

Question for you..when you look at your account now, under "My Measurements" did they change any of the measurements compared to what initial measurements you submitted?

Which suit did you order again?

Interestingly, the fit of mine was quite good, quite slim/fitted (even a tad tight, which I had a 'bad' tailor let out, he let it out too much but that's another story). The workmanship looked good and the fabric is very nice (but that is the pricier wool/cashere stuff).

GloStiX

Reaction score
Yes, they changed the measurements, at least twice from what I can tell.

The day it got sent to tailor, they increased my waist 2" and pants length 3". I screenshotted their adjusted measurements that day, and compared them to my own record of what I submitted.

Then, today, when I received the suit, I checked my measurements again, and lo and behold, some of the measurements were changed AGAIN. The pants length got extended another 1/4", wrist, bicep etc. got bigger, crotch increased 2", lots of stuff got changed.

As a result, my suit fits large by nearly exactly the "adjustment" Indochino made in each measurement.

I have an excellently-fitting piece-of-$*** suit that I got for $60, I wonder if I can just measure off that and tell Indochino to make me a suit by fabric measurements instead of body measurements (which they generously modify).

I will be getting a re-make, hopefully I will only need one.
plain.gif

GloStiX

Reaction score
Here are a couple close-ups for those of yall interested in fabric quality.

Is this supposed to be pressed this way, or did the tailor not even finish pressing my lapel? It doesn't lay flat properly...
2e0s6t4.jpg

Working buttonholes are cool, but not when the sleeves are too short and you have thread coming out
2a8gmfd.jpg

imwithtuxedo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloStiX
Working buttonholes are cool, but not when the sleeves are too short and you have thread coming out
2a8gmfd.jpg

That is simply atrocious. Even at $300.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be pressed this way, or did the tailor not even finish pressing my lapel? It doesn't lay flat properly...
2e0s6t4.jpg

It's not supposed to be pressed flat all the way to the bottom or they'd be no roll; it should still lie flat at the top though.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Update regarding my order. The Lilac Pinstripe came in beautifully done. However, I have also learned a considerable amount about the practice of Indochino's "Perfect Fit Guarantee".

They used faulty calculations on my coat remake, while being determined that their corrections are right. The measurements show that it is larger than my initial order, when it is in fact the opposite. They will also misinform you by suggesting that the alteration credits only apply to suits, then suggest that they simply worded it wrong. On the final day of the credit request expiration date, I was informed that it applies to suits(with the usual false apology), and after further deliberation, I was told that my credit date had expired today, and that it in fact applies to coats as well. Very dodgy indeed.

So make sure you keep that in mind. They will try and apply faulty reasoning to pinch every penny they can. And in turn, they will make false remarks about how they can't get me my perfect fitted suit, when in fact the problem has nothing to do with the suit. CS is flexible, but also shady at the same time. They will suggest that they tried to get you your desired product, when in fact the majority of mistakes were done on their part. Be wary.

I should have my review up sometime in February on LorenzL's blog for those interested (featuring both the positive and negativ practices in Indochino's business). I will have pictures up with it to show both the great work on the suit, and the horrible botching on the peacoat.

GloStiX

Reaction score
Buying from Indochino can be frustrating because there is so little information with regards to the details of how their remake/alterations process works, mailing back, Customs, etc. on the internet.

Sure you can read 100 pages of this thread and see a lot of people b!#ching about them, but it's very discouraging for people trying them out because there is no shared repertoire of "insider knowledge".

To add my contribution, Angie @ Indochino says: reduce measurements as if the garment were laid flat.

This is in contrast to what others have said and to what some may think is common sense: if the chest is 2" too big (40 instead of 38 inch, for example), then you need to use the +/- buttons to show "-1 inch", not "-2 inch". Hope this info is helpful to others.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Buying from Indochino can be frustrating because there is so little information with regards to the details of how their remake/alterations process works, mailing back, Customs, etc. on the internet.

I don't think these are the core issues with Indochino. There is absolutely no consistency or QC. Even if the remake of my last suit was spot on, there is zero guarantee the next one I order will be anything remotely close. All the internal measurement adjustments after you painstakingly take your measurements = Absolutely frustrating.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads