• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
More of the same:

P10103601.jpg

- Gitman shirt
- NDG shawl
- Epaulet EP Smith jeans
- Comey boots

here's my issue with these jeans (just realized this): I think you hemmed them too short. even if you want that length, it's better to have a couple extra inches and to double cuff - it settles the denim better and provides a sleeker transition between hem/shoe top. this is something all the dorky italians in their stonewashed jeans do really well.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SPK
^love that fqhh dr eternal. Looks amazing

k3sd7l.jpg

Rag and Bone (no vis)
Gap
Krane (thanks ppllzz, this is my go to bad weather jacket now
smile.gif
)
+J (crotch looks weird in this pic)
Red Wings (yes I know, needs better boots. Not sure my W+H can hold up on ice)

Haha I like how different that jacket looks on someone that's actually tall enough for it.

eternaldrake the jacket looks so good that I didn't notice anything else

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by + theom
^^ Jeans look fine to me. Nothing wrong with less break, the shoes just might be a little slim for that fit of jeans.

the issue isn't the break, the issue is the dinky cuff. the denim doesn't settle well at the ankle IMO.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
also yea toj puts out ridiculously nice jackets, im surprised im the only guy whos gone for the fqhh so far.

i tried taking some detail shots but still just phone pics so yea

its a given horsehide is stiff ****, but i wanted to try to capture this on camera

jdY4HI.jpg

Oh hi

16kxe89.jpg

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the issue isn't the break, the issue is the dinky cuff. the denim doesn't settle well at the ankle IMO.

Cut of the jeans seems just off & yeah they are hemmed too short.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's funny hearing the jean cuff/break differences of opinion since there is a huge disparity on the forums about it. If I cuff, people don't like, when I don't people say too much break for jeans. I can actually double cuff these if I wanted too without looking like they're too short and I do when I step out to snow and slush with boots, but then I bring them back down as I'm just not a fan of too much cuff stylistically in general, but especially with these particular boots. They are just a bit too slim for the slightly wider hem though, I agree, but these will have to do until I get my hands on some Trickers hopefully this later this year!
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
Stop-motion leather jacket wrestling match Let's make this happen
I just pictured this in my head and make me laugh.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
jeans are fine, chunkier green trickers needed

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice fit kelvin. every time i wear my dior distressed knits, people always ask what happen to my sweater
plain.gif

coldforge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
More of the same:

P10103601.jpg

- Gitman shirt
- NDG shawl
- Epaulet EP Smith jeans
- Comey boots

Don't like this cardigan. The cut"”maybe it's just the fact that it's totally open but I don't think so"”looks very womanly. I get a powerful Meryl Streep vibe.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL at everybody dogpiling on Tonio for no reason. The cardi is awesome, you are mistaken

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
my first waywt pic enjoy the awful glory of cellphone quality pictures

would definately like criticism
jbM7OI.jpg

You might try taking your pictures a bit higher up and from further away, then cropping the edges. And, as everyone says, your jacket is pure win.

Originally Posted by CrazyJew
I have a couple dogfish 90 minute's in the fridge that I'm saving. I'm looking forward to trying the new 75 minute IPA they're releasing too.
cheers.gif

Huh, didn't realize they were bottling that. I've had it at the DFH restaurant in the DC burbs, and they literally pour half a pint of 60 and half a pint of 90. 90's too sweet for me on draft, so I'm a huge fan.

Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Usually don't sport the star anymore, but my grandaddy passed away last tuesday and I've been honoring his death.

Sorry to hear it, man.

Originally Posted by steveoffice
nice fit kelvin. every time i wear my dior distressed knits, people always ask what happen to my sweater
plain.gif

Srsly? I guess I haven't seen any fits from you with it, but the sweater looks fantastic in this shot.

Originally Posted by coldforge
Don't like this cardigan. The cut"”maybe it's just the fact that it's totally open but I don't think so"”looks very womanly. I get a powerful Meryl Streep vibe.

eh.gif
facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads