• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastland Made in Maine

raven37457

Reaction score
As promised, extensive pics of the Eastland Made in Maine Falmouth Camp Moc. I am very new to the "moc" world but here are my first impressions compared to the Yuketen Mocs I picked up. - Solid construction - The leather on the Yuketens seem to be higher quality but I was informed they are both cxl. Could be due to the finish. - The moc is heavier than the Yuketen S/S 2010 Angler Mocs I picked up. However, I think that is due to the rubber outsole which is thicker than the Yuketen sole. - The rawhide laces are lighter and more giving than the Yuketen laces. - I am a 10.5 D and I got a 10.5 D and the fit is spot on. They fit like a glove. Very very comfortable. The pics:
DSCF0001-4.jpg
DSCF0023-4.jpg
DSCF0002-8.jpg
DSCF0003-5.jpg
DSCF0005-5.jpg
DSCF0007-5.jpg
DSCF0004-2.jpg
DSCF0008-8.jpg
DSCF0009-8.jpg
DSCF0010-2.jpg
DSCF0012-4.jpg
DSCF0013-5.jpg
DSCF0020-6.jpg
DSCF0021-4.jpg
DSCF0036-4.jpg
DSCF0038-3.jpg

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
the leather on both is actually cxl.
Really, I did not know that. Could it feel different due to the finish? Thanks for the information. I am extremely happy with both pairs and the Eastland, in my opinion, is a quality shoe. Especially, if you can find them on sale.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
Really, I did not know that. Could it feel different due to the finish? Thanks for the information.
totally. you need to look into getting some oak streets next ... imo the osb finish is slightly better than yukten! those eastlands remind me of quoddys but with a different sole. nevertheless, they are amazing shoes? i love mocs ...

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
totally, that is exactly why. you need to look into getting some oak streets next ... imo the osb finish is slightly better than yukten! those eastlands remind me of quoddys but with a different sole. nevertheless, they are amazing shoes? i love mocs ...
I have to get osb next. Overall, I am very happy with the purchase. The sole is good. It has some traction but I am not sure how long the traction will last. Here is some info on the company which produces the soles. http://www.amazonas.com.br/a/index.asp?pg=0&i=1

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The sole is good. It has some traction but I am not sure how long the traction will last. Here is some info on the company which produces the soles. http://www.amazonas.com.br/a/index.asp?pg=0&i=1 They are amazing.
yeah, quoddy, oak street, and yuketen all use soles from them. the sole on your yuketen angler mocs (and mine too) are actually a boat soles from them. see the small slip lines in the sole of your angler mocs?

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr bunbury
I've seen them (at Uncle Pete's here in Boston) - they are really nice, to my eyes as nice as the Quoddy and Yuketen shoes I own. I just ordered a pair from the Bird sale, too!

Looks like I missed them. How much were they going for?

golfingbanker

Reaction score
Got mine for $180 with shipping. I am pleased with them except they are a little stiffer than I expected. They should be perfect by summer.

ts18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by golfingbanker
Got mine for $180 with shipping. I am pleased with them except they are a little stiffer than I expected. They should be perfect by summer.

where do you buy from?

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
Looks like I missed them. How much were they going for?
They were US$99 plus shipping at the bird sale which, in my opinion, is a steal. Also, if you are looking for a pair I believe Mohawk General Store carries them. I would call for availability and pricing.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They were US$99 plus shipping at the bird sale which, in my opinion, is a steal.

Also, if you are looking for a pair I believe Mohawk General Store carries them. I would call for availability and pricing.

wow, that is a steal for those. nice find.

golfingbanker

Reaction score
I got mine from Bird, but not for $99. They list for $275. They were on sale for $189 or so and I got an extra $20 off with a coupon.

raven37457

Reaction score
Here is an update on the Eastland Falmouth USA Mocs for anyone who is interested. These have been my go to shoe. I have worn the mocs quite a few times and during an unexpected snow storm. Here are a few pics. Also, I just applied a coat of venetian shoe cream.

With Flash:
DSCF0004-5.jpg

DSCF0010-4.jpg

W/out Flash:
DSCF0001-5.jpg

DSCF0011-6.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
those are coming along very nicely. i have that same leather on a pair of my quoddy boat shoes and it only gets better.

**** i love horween.

has anyone talked to eastland about re-soling their products? do they do in in-house? what does it cost? whats the waiting time?

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
I thought I'd ask again now that people have had some more experience....to those who have experience with both, how to the Eastland Made in Maine shoes compare with Quoddy? Are they about the same?

Has anyone else seen the Eastland Made in Maines on sale quite a bit lately?

Or is it better to stick to Quoddy?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads