• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Well that doesn't make too much sense to me. I wouldn't want to turn around and throw pots in the island sink - one, it will drip everywhere on the wood floors; two, this is the central island that's set up for guests to sit and have a drink while the meal is being prepared - I'm not throwing a stack of pans under their nose
smile.gif

I don't mind prepping away from the range on the island, as you explained, but the main sink location bothers me more. Why not put a pot-filler above the range for that purpose?

I don't get pot fillers. You still have to carry the pot over to the sink to dump the water out. I guess it saves you one trip, but I never really thought to add one.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Did you recently get your own place? If so, congrats.
Not my spot Pio, my girlfriends, just helping with the interior design and will be doing the improvements. If things go smoothly I might move in at some point, but it will be a while. If you'll notice the table that I built it hanging out behind me in that picture.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Don't like the range on the island, sorry. Those hoods also just don't work very well.

I know, I don't either, but it works well enough in this setup where it doesn't seem to be much of an issue and I'd learn to deal. If he has a high-smoke something he's going to make, he can just use his other kitchen.

alternatively, he has the luxury of skipping both kitchens and just using this:
2852289340043813381S500x500Q85.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
I don't get pot fillers. You still have to carry the pot over to the sink to dump the water out. I guess it saves you one trip, but I never really thought to add one.

Our place has one but I'm not sure I would have ever thought to spec one TBH. I agree they're only moderately useful.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On another note and probably for another time. What is with the USA and the need to redo grandmas kitchen cabinets? I too like grandmas house, but most people (USA) dont like the sleek Euro look. The cost is the same and some of the coolest kitchens I have seen are in homes from the 1800's with very contemporary kitchens.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
How long is the island?

I'm not certain, I know it's Polyform. I'll have to ask, but it's not particularly large and is fairly narrow.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our place has one but I'm not sure I would have ever thought to spec one TBH. I agree they're only moderately useful.

That is why you have a sink with the pot filler on the side. Just a small one.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
I really like this combo of the black laquer and the teak
lineaquattroblacklaquer.gif

oof. i'm really not a fan of the black. cheesy.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
it's too slick. it makes me think a magnolia a/v clerk is going to walk through those root curtains and try to sell me a high def tv setup

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I don't like black either, but that's just a personal preference. I like marble, steel, concrete, wood, glass - I'm a materials fan. Just not dark materials.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ Agree. I like simple tiles too, particularly for backsplash and wall areas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads