• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Heavyweight Stone, British Khaki, Golden Khaki, Charcoal Herringbone and Moss. C'mon Mike, come up with some more soon!
smile.gif

The Moss is nice, but it looks like it's very close in color to the British Khaki. How close are they in person?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
The Moss is nice, but it looks like it's very close in color to the British Khaki. How close are they in person?

The Moss and BK are very close in color. At first, I was a little disappointed but quickly changed my mind. Wouldn't want to own just these two pair but if you have the others, then it's nice to have both.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Now the only question is whether to cuff, or not to cuff.

Cuffz FTW.

Originally Posted by slack tide
Anyone own the charcoal flannel and think it might be just a little thick for spring mid atlantic, mid seventy temps? more just for winter? thanks..

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...harcoal/Detail

This shirt is so ******* nice. Would look so clean with your NDG knit - kop it!

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
...This shirt is so ******* nice. Would look so clean with your NDG knit - kop it!

I am trying so hard to not buy any winter weight clothes. tough tho!

The charcoal looks so nice...

and i searched this thread for "charcoal flannel" and it was only good comments..

I need some slim british khakis in 28" to stock so i can see what those are all about too...all good reports

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier

Moss has a significantly stronger green tone than the BK. It's also Japanese fabric vs, the UK fabric, and it's quite a bit softer. It comes from the same mill as the Gunmetal and Golden Khaki.

Originally Posted by slack tide
Anyone own the charcoal flannel and think it might be just a little thick for spring mid atlantic, mid seventy temps? more just for winter? thanks..

Don't let the flannel thing worry you - this shirt is actually pretty lightweight. And it's ridiculously soft. Mid 70's might be a little warm, but here in NYC you could easily wear this until mid May. Not sure how hot it gets where you are.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We're starting to receive some early Spring merchandise soon. I expect to have the following merch in store and online within the next week or so:

Gant Rugger Spring 1
Gant Michael Bastian (some items)
Fred Perry Spring 1
Monitaly (a plaid parka and a sportcoat)

Also, we just received Alden Officer's Indy's in Cigar Shell Cordovan. They're off the chain. Tru-balance last, all metal eyelets, double leather dress sole, handsewn moc toe.

I've got 7.5D through 12D available, and they're $665. I'll put them online this Thursday, but please feel free to drop me a PM if you want to grab a unit before they go up. We received 24 pairs.

Here's a quick pic:
5408090425_7586bd0284.jpg

See larger

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
Mike - I'm in the lookout for a nice lightweight spring jacket. Something weatherproof and with a hood that won't be super warm, as it's already hot enough down here in Houston. Going to have anything cool for me?

You bet, we'll have three of them within a week. A Gant spring parka in two colors, and a ridiculously slamming Monitaly one.

I've also got an unlined waxed cotton Our Legacy parka set to go up soon. And we'll also bring in technical Nau Spring jackets around the end of Feb.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the cigar indys are amazing... wore mine yesterday. i mentioned your new arrivals on the alden thread

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
You bet, we'll have three of them within a week. A Gant spring parka in two colors, and a ridiculously slamming Monitaly one.

I've also got an unlined waxed cotton Our Legacy parka set to go up soon. And we'll also bring in technical Nau Spring jackets around the end of Feb.

If you get any of these in but aren't ready to post them up yet, let me know. I'm ready to buy!

Is this the Gant one you are getting?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, i actually lace my indy's like that. am i the only one?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
lol, i actually lace my indy's like that. am i the only one?

i do the same but i have the speed hook eyelets at the top (mine are from leffot's cigar indys) but basically same way to tie them
smile.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Just got my pair of Smiths in the mail. Definitely similar to my pair of New Standards, but just slightly less slim, which is perfect for me. I especially like the top block. The rise on the NS is a bit too low to wear with a shirt tucked in, but these are perfect. I'm looking forward to breaking them in, setting the creases, and improving the drape.

Now the only question is whether to cuff, or not to cuff.

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/r...84/EP_s003.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/r...84/EP_s006.jpg

Great fit. Definitely cuff, but I think you'd be best with a hem and small cuff as opposed to a double or triple cuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads