• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'd want a SZ to balance the Wolf range there on the left, and bring more ss into the overall picture. My personal preference. I am generally not a fan of built-in fridges either.

Would you want the dishwasher shown in stainless also?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Work in progress.

168408_10150393657395626_847285625_17067477_4631154_n.jpg

Did you recently get your own place? If so, congrats.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I don't mind parts of that kitchen (the floors, the basic cabinets, the light cove), but I don't really like the layout. The part that you would presumably be using the most (the stove) has very limited usable counter space around it, so you'd be prepping food at the other corner of the kitchen before bringing it over to the stove area ... which is at the opposite corner of where the fridge is. You could (and perhaps should have everything ready to go from the fridge before you start cooking, but that isn't next to the stove either. The closest place with a decent amount of room is where the bar stools are (which I do not like), so you'll have to use one of the ends to get a little space if you have any guests around, but then it means anything on the pot rack is unaccessible - which, wait ... why is the entire pot rack AND island off center from the light cove while the far cabinets are fine????

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
So you would like a more consistant look?
I would
Would you want the dishwasher shown in stainless also?
Not necessarily. Depends where it is and what the balance of wood and steel looks like but I'd have a small bias not to show it. I think having a prominent fridge and range in a kitchen is normal and consistent with the idea that this is where food is prepared and cooked - hence my preference for showing the fridge. I don't feel that the dishwasher fits in that concept in the same way. I'm happy to hide it.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the kitchen works pretty well. Open the fridge put food on table prep as your moving down the counter to the range. I like it. It would work for me and how I cook.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It gives me a little bit of a Restoration Hardware vibe with the faux Chinese antique and repro holophane lamps. The extra long hood there is a bit odd - not bad per se. The main sink next to the range looks tiny though.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
It gives me a little bit of a Restoration Hardware vibe with the faux Chinese antique and repro hollophane lamps. The extra long hood there is a bit odd - not bad per se. The main sink next to the range looks tiny though.

The sink next to the range is small and made for preping and filling the pots and pans. The main sink in in the island

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
an architect suggested the off center island and pot rack? Maybe dating one for so long as made my cynical to this type of stuff. I've heard people being chewed out because the air brushing on some steel was done in the wrong direction.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sink next to the range is small and made for preping and filling the pots and pans. The main sink in in the island

Well that doesn't make too much sense to me. I wouldn't want to turn around and throw pots in the island sink - one, it will drip everywhere on the wood floors; two, this is the central island that's set up for guests to sit and have a drink while the meal is being prepared - I'm not throwing a stack of pans under their nose
smile.gif

I don't mind prepping away from the range on the island, as you explained, but the main sink location bothers me more. Why not put a pot-filler above the range for that purpose?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The kitchen is fine. It has some mis-matched items, some lack of balance or uniformity but all in all, most people would be jealous of that kitchen. I would just try and bring some uniformity to the whole area, i.e. have all moldings, door fronts, hadware, etc. match. Basically pick something and run with it vs. trying to mash different styles together. Also, the sink choices are questionable. Pot filler for sure on the stove.

Edit: Oh, this is the most creative bit of spamming I've seen in a long time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads