• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
It's hilarious that the only time you look happy in any of those photos is when you're waiting for your friend to get a vasectomy.
I noticed this.
Originally Posted by thekunk07
hahahahah
also, this response made me chuckle to the point kids @ the library were annoyed with me.

Originally Posted by eternaldrake
my first waywt pic enjoy the awful glory of cellphone quality pictures

would definately like criticism

jeans are probably too wide towards the end to do a proper boot tuck
also i dont really like crewnecks under dr but all my v-necks fit a bit too big, i should have a bunch of proper fitting ones next week or so though
also the jeans look a bit high up on me in the pic but they arent in person i guess thats something to bother with the camera angle

jbM7OI.jpg

toj fqhh dr
alternative apparel
apc
buttero

not a fan of this boot tuck here, it could be the camera angle... but the jeans look as though they don't have enough taper. Top half is spot on though.

SimonT

Reaction score
Hi there !
aaauh.jpg
auj5.jpg
auj3.jpg
Shirt : Brooks brothers Jeans : Dior MIJ Down vest : Brooks brothers Jacket : Sandro (french brand) Shoes : Markowski (french brand) Gloves : JB guanti

Russ24

Reaction score
Alright gents, first WAYWT post. This is typical casual for me.
Sorry for the iphone pics. And yes, one of those is in my bathroom (best light in my apartment)
Lets hear some tips/criticism!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that a duffle sweater? Functionally inane, but it looks pretty cool, I guess...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers; yes, it's a pretty sweater. The fabric has a lot of color to it.

6a0134856e869e970c0147e1ef1af1970b-800wi

Originally Posted by jet
zissou why are you going around plugging NG
mad.gif

size is your cdw homie? not sure how i feel about matching shoe/pants

Yeah this might have been better with denim. CDW is a medium.

Originally Posted by zissou
Hey, I just mentioned that the Fair Isles were on sale! And, I must say that it looks great on shoreman.

Besides, shoreman said he'd fight you for me if it ever came down to it.

I will do anything in return for sales alerts on precious knits and Nigel Cabourn gear.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do first time posters always wear that toggle cardigan? It's pretty ugly IMO, and the sweater seems like it's about to burst. Shoreman, I really dig your sweater, and the fit looks pretty good. But too many colors on top and too monochromatic on the bottom.

Russ24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by steveoffice
Why do first time posters always wear that toggle cardigan? It's pretty ugly IMO, and the sweater seems like it's about to burst.

Haha, did not know there was a legacy. Its actually pretty loose on me, i think i pulled it back in the pic. I had a hoodie on earlier, but I never like the hoodie over a collar look on me.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
my first waywt pic enjoy the awful glory of cellphone quality pictures would definately like criticism jeans are probably too wide towards the end to do a proper boot tuck also i dont really like crewnecks under dr but all my v-necks fit a bit too big, i should have a bunch of proper fitting ones next week or so though also the jeans look a bit high up on me in the pic but they arent in person i guess thats something to bother with the camera angle
jbM7OI.jpg

toj fqhh dr alternative apparel apc buttero

Think the shirt should be longer Edit: Actually there's just something off with the fit. Can't pinpoint it but the DR just doesn't seem to "fit" you

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it would start looking girly if his shirt was any longer. I think it's just the camera angle, and the position of his feet that makes it look a little off. Overall I think it's a nice fit.

singh02

Reaction score
What's off is his entire outfit is sleek/slim fitting except his jeans. They need to be replaced with a slim straight/skinny cut. That DR is outstanding btw.

pneumo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Russ24
Alright gents, first WAYWT post. This is typical casual for me.
Sorry for the iphone pics. And yes, one of those is in my bathroom (best light in my apartment)
Lets hear some tips/criticism!

I don't care for the big watch-strap, but I like everything else.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eternaldrake, those are petite standards right? They look good to me. 'not enough taper'- really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads