• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vettemike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PorterInjax
Thanks Tom. I knew it was going to be quite a wait but was curious about the process.
It's a good thing we're patient! Keep up the great shoes, Tom.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking into a pair of Alden Indy boots and deciding which type of sole I want. I'm not a fan of the Neoprene sole, so I'm looking into one with lugs in it.

The Kudu 404 has a Vibram sole on the bottom which fits in theory, but I've heard that the sole is simply glued whereas a Commando sole is welted on. Does that mean I can only resole using another Vibram sole? Or can I replace the sole with anything I choose? Also are there advantages to one over the other?

Thanks!

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where2kop alden online that ship internationally for cheap? a lot of places put 50-60usd for shipping i know actual shipping is expensive but its nice if the shop takes some burden too.

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Nothing is "exclusive" per say. I agree, on the Plaza last would be very nice. It's probably something I will order very soon.

Hey Tom,

How do I get on the list for this? Looking for some sort of Whiskey Cordovan Plain toe in a Plaza... I've only ordered 1 pair of Aldens from LeatherSoul... do I need to order more to get on the list?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
where2kop alden online that ship internationally for cheap? a lot of places put 50-60usd for shipping i know actual shipping is expensive but its nice if the shop takes some burden too.

Fwiw if I proxied Alden's for you I would charge $50 ish for usps international express. That's how much it costs and its the most secure

glimmertwins

Reaction score
....650 pages. You would think there would be a dedicated sub forum for alden talk by now. Sorting through a 3 yr old message string for answers to questions is tedious work.

tooshay

Reaction score
Got a pair of J Crew Indy's BNIB in a 9.5D I'm trying to sell. If anyone's interested, PM.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ great lookin shoe. As a few have mentioned, looks like the whiskey has darkened a bit more from past runs.

shasta

Reaction score
Just got my snuff seude belt from the San Fran Alden Shop. Dealing with Robert was wonderful. Perfectly matches my Snuff LWB's from Leffot!

huskyzealot

Reaction score
Which is the sleeker/more-modern last between the Barrie and Grant?

I am going to pick up a pair of cap-toe cordovan boots, I'd ideally get them on the Plaza last, but can't find them in stock anywhere. Would like to buy the closest comparable.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
epaulet just got cigar indys for those whove been looking. these have eyelets all the way up, if thats an issue

harrythedog

Reaction score
anyone interested in a brand new indy color 8 size 9 1/2 ? never worn, tried on twice. purchased 3 weeks ago from the madison ave shop. as i pre-ordered the shortwing from ls, thinking i might rather have the cigar indy... thanks rkd for the tip!

pm if your interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads