• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Love both of those. Especially like the natural welt. I'd like to see pics of the burgundy in natural light if you get a chance.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^ sure, I should have in hand by mid week. Actually am curious about the burgundy shade myself, I've never seen Trickers interpretation of burgundy. The natural welt was definitely a dealmaker

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Richard the Shoehealer just e-mailed me with pictures of my new MTO Trickers.

Deets: Brown Zug Grain, Semi-brogue style, commando last, storm welt. I cannot wait.

MyTrickers2.jpg

MyTrickers1.jpg

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
A picture of these beauties arrived in my inbox five minutes ago and it took approximately 60 seconds before the battle of desire over financial sense was over:
%21CD83WB%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqJ,%21gwE05yEC9QyBNQSZhJN6Q%7E%7E1_12.JPG

Lovely. That shade of green is just right.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, beautiful boots, GS. I'm looking forward to more photos. Tarmac- those espresso Stows look excellent. Thanks for giving me a preview of what mine will look like eventually. Now that I finally have some Stows on the way, I am thinking that some leather soled acorn Bourtons will be my next shoe. I've always liked the acorn color.
390l.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Wow, beautiful boots, GS. I'm looking forward to more photos.
I am thinking that some leather soled acorn Bourtons will be my next shoe. I've always liked the acorn color.
390l.jpg

def will

The acorn bourton is great, it took me a while to figure out if I wanted that color, but I'm glad I did because it pairs well with a lot of gear

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah that color looks awesome ... seems rather bold from pic but im sure it looks great with jawns.

WANT!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
not a fan of acorn prefer others

chroMe

Reaction score
wanting a vintage pair of black riding boots remade; bidded for a pair on ebay but seller was pulled.
ffffuuuu.gif

konadog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
def will

The acorn bourton is great, it took me a while to figure out if I wanted that color, but I'm glad I did because it pairs well with a lot of gear

i have the acorn stowes and think the color goes great with a lot of gear as well. it's a color you have to "own", but it's quite striking. i really dig the way it looks with indigo, black, patterns, etc. they're my go-to boots. then again, i am color blind so i may be way off. that said, these get more compliments than my indys, whites, or wescos.

david3558

Reaction score
Quick question guys, if I am a 9D, would a 8 in UK sizing be suitable in Bourtons?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
Quick question guys, if I am a 9D, would a 8 in UK sizing be suitable in Bourtons?

Probably but shoe sizing is very much a YMMV. I'm generally a 12D in US brands and an 11 medium in UK but not always...

MSAINT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558

David, it really depends on the model, I'm a 7E in Alden Indy / Red Wing 877 Irish Setters and a 6.5 fitting 6 in both my Tricker's Stow and on my MTO Grasmere.

Note that the fitting on the Grasmere is a bit larger than on the Stow!

Clickable pics of my first Stow in Expresso brown from the day they arrived home, 2 years ago:

and the picture I sent Richard for my MTO:
the result is on "shoehealer" site: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...mere_1810.html

MSAINT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Lovely!
Thanks!
I should have asked a real cap toe that's my only "regret"
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads