• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Could you give some measurements for the small marled blazer? (especially shoulders and sleeve length)?

I'm tempted to pick one up but if the sleeves are too long it's probably not worth it to deal with the tricky tailoring due to the functional button holes.

IMO, the fit looks good on you.

look a few pages back. measurements were posted

Dinky89484

Reaction score
I was skeptical at first about getting jeans from Lands End Canvas. When the 40% sale came around, I bought my first pair. I must say, I'm very pleased with them. Straight fit, very comfy.

mrbrad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerostyle
Could you give some measurements for the small marled blazer? (especially shoulders and sleeve length)?

I'm tempted to pick one up but if the sleeves are too long it's probably not worth it to deal with the tricky tailoring due to the functional button holes.

IMO, the fit looks good on you.

Thanks for the comment. If you still want I can measure it tonight after work, though ~5 pages back someone else has already done it. The sleeves are definitely long and, for reference, my shoulders are on the narrow end of a 38R (37 is better). My main issue was with how slim the chest area is: very noticeable/unnatural pulling when the top button is closed.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbrad
Thanks for the comment. If you still want I can measure it tonight after work, though ~5 pages back someone else has already done it. The sleeves are definitely long and, for reference, my shoulders are on the narrow end of a 38R (37 is better). My main issue was with how slim the chest area is: very noticeable/unnatural pulling when the top button is closed.

Found it - very odd measurements. The shoulders were super tiny at 16.25" and the sleeves quite long (25.5").

I need something like 17" in the shoulders and 24" in sleeves (though I think my arms are shorter than most).

Very odd - the small in this jacket definitely seems to be more like an extra small with long sleeves!

nycfan

Reaction score
i just got my order today. I paid a total of about 38 bucks for 4 shirts.

The fit, contrary to what some suggest, is spot on for me. I'm 6-1, 175, about 6-3 wingspan, wear a 40L jacket usually. And I got all LARGE sizes for 4 shirts, they fit great. the 2 overdyed shirts are a bit looser and longer in the body, but that material will shrink with wash. My other two shirts were the heritage poplin, stripe and a gingham, they definitely fit smaller and tigher. I'm a fan of this brand, I don't like to wear my shirts skin-tight, they have enough room but not baggy. Bye Bye overpriced Jcrew secret wash!

Jump Around

Reaction score
Just got my order and my Check Heritage Poplin material is a bit weird. I've read earlier a similar experience but can't seem to locate the post.

It's a bit loud when I move in it and has a bit of a plastic feel. Is this how they are supposed to feel? Will it soften up after I wash it or after a bit of wear?

brozek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jump Around
Just got my order and my Check Heritage Poplin material is a bit weird. I've read earlier a similar experience but can't seem to locate the post.

It's a bit loud when I move in it and has a bit of a plastic feel. Is this how they are supposed to feel? Will it soften up after I wash it or after a bit of wear?

I returned mine for exactly that reason. Cotton shouldn't sound crinkly.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Anyone got a picture of the Poplin Workshirt in Chilli Pepper Plaid?

I'd like to see the pattern with actual light, thanks.

I actually just got that shirt in the mail yesterday and wore it today. I'll snap a photo of it tomorrow for you with my SLR. I'm in bed on the laptop about to pass out.
cheers.gif

lwkeung

Reaction score
I got an overdye oxford, the red chambray, and Shaker shawl in the mail tonight. The 3 came out to be $44. Unlike some other customers, I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.
Just for reference, I am 5'8" and 155lbs. Wear small in most jackets and shirts, medium in tshirt, and about 36R jacket (or slim 38S).

Ordered my 3 items in small.
The overdye oxford's fabric feels kinda waxy and crunchy, but should do away after washing. Yes, it is slim through the chest, but I think the sleeves and the stomach area is fine, would prefer more of a taper though. The sleeves and body are about an inch to long for me, but should be better after a wash.

The red oxford is PERFECT. I think the chambray is super nice, the fit is similar to the oxford, and length is perfect for my body.

I'm really happy with my $20 Shaker Shawl. The material is nice and heavy, and the fit is nice and slim fitting. However, the sleeve length is about 2inches to long for my liking. Body length is great.

Will try to get pictures up as soon as possible.
All in all, I'm really happy with the orders, no need to return. Thanks Land's End!

ev01ut10ndt

Reaction score
What are you guys wearing the Shaker Shawl cardigan with?

I got the red one, and when I wore it with indigo 501s, a button down white oxford with black metal buttons, and leather+black suede chukkas, my roommate called me a grandpa. Granted...I'm taking his opinion as what the general public would consider the cardigan as since he is a tshirt and jeans guy. I'm feeling the dark faded red makes it look a lot more "grandpa-ish" than would the gray or charcoal one would. Thoughts on this?

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. Also, the sleeves are extremely long and too narrow through the chest.

The marled blazer runs a half size too small. It's a sharp looking jacket. Probably return.

The down jacket is cool. I like the front chest pockets, it just looks different compared to standard down jackets.

Originally Posted by Jump Around

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I'm happy for you. I returned nearly everything I purchased from canvas due to low price temptation.

Originally Posted by lwkeung
I got an overdye oxford, the red chambray, and Shaker shawl in the mail tonight. The 3 came out to be $44. Unlike some other customers, I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.
Just for reference, I am 5'8" and 155lbs. Wear small in most jackets and shirts, medium in tshirt, and about 36R jacket (or slim 38S).

Ordered my 3 items in small.
The overdye oxford's fabric feels kinda waxy and crunchy, but should do away after washing. Yes, it is slim through the chest, but I think the sleeves and the stomach area is fine, would prefer more of a taper though. The sleeves and body are about an inch to long for me, but should be better after a wash.

The red oxford is PERFECT. I think the chambray is super nice, the fit is similar to the oxford, and length is perfect for my body.

I'm really happy with my $20 Shaker Shawl. The material is nice and heavy, and the fit is nice and slim fitting. However, the sleeve length is about 2inches to long for my liking. Body length is great.

Will try to get pictures up as soon as possible.
All in all, I'm really happy with the orders, no need to return. Thanks Land's End!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads