• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Psychedelics Research in the 1950s

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never enjoyed acid. Mushrooms were a much better trip - shorter, less of a mind-****, no hangover.

Of course, my first time on LSD I did five hits of liquid, so maybe if I had started slower...

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
Incidentally, I've read that fresh, ground nutmeg can act as a mild hallucinogen.

We used to buy out the local garden center's supply of Morning Glory seeds; fairly potent hallucinogen. You'd get sick to your stomach and then about 3 hours later start tripping your eyes out.

I seem to recall they are now treated with something to discourage such use.

Big T

Reaction score
Blotter was always a crapshoot. Depends how steady a hand was distributing the drops! I once got hold of true mescaline that was the best trip ever, also was the most potent aphrodisiac ever! Most mesc. after that was just acid.

Never tried morning glory seeds, sounds like the nutmeg we did.

Good old days, 'eh? Haven't done any psychedelics now in over 35 years, that I know of. Last time I saw the Dead was about a month before Jerry passed. My cousin and I were really blown away on a lot of drink, hash and some speed. On the way out some young hippie chick gave us some sort of tofu pizza. Cousin puked right away, me, I enjoyed things for about the next 24 hours or so. 30 days later Garcia was pickin' and grinnin' in the hereafter.

Me, I returned to my corporate world and my cousin returned to his truckin.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big T
I once got hold of true mescaline that was the best trip ever, also was the most potent aphrodisiac ever!

Roommate and I went through 300 hits of mescaline one summer. I will second your aphrodisiac observation.

Me, I returned to my corporate world and my cousin returned to his truckin.
This sounds like a Harry Chapin lyric.

Big T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Roommate and I went through 300 hits of mescaline one summer. I will second your aphrodisiac observation.

This sounds like a Harry Chapin lyric.

Hope your roommate was of the opposite sex! My ex-BIL and I got 100 hits of blotter one summer with the thoughts of selling most and keeping a little for ourself. That never works out well!

One of these days I've got to figure out what was real and what was an illusion (with a nod to the Moody Blues) from those days.

Earlier line wasn't meant to be Harry Chapin, but I like the comparison.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads