• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Niagara Region

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
I know Niagara's cheesy but I don't have the time to go to France in the next couple weeks and want to take my girlfriend for a nice weekend away and visit a winery, which I've never done. Does anyone have any recommendations of where to stay/eat/visit? Preferably on the Canadian side.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the area is beautiful, and you can get some nice food, but the wine is ****, except for some of the late harvest and Indian summer wine.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
I've had the wine. A lot is ****, yes, but for the price point (pretty much everything is <$25/bottle), it's not bad. And call me a locavore, but I like the idea of drinking wine and eating food that was all produced in a very small radius.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inn on the Twenty Lovely place in Jordan. Good food in the associated restaurant. Visit three wineries. Tawse Thirty Bench Malivoire You'll be sure to taste some excellent wine. Lailey, Stratus, Angel's Gate, etc have nice wineries, but the wine is meh, IMO.

imschatz

Reaction score
Dan Aykroyd's vineyard/winery is down there somewhere
smile.gif

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Inn on the Twenty

Lovely place in Jordan. Good food in the associated restaurant.

+1 on this rec.

Just a short walk down the road is Cave Springs - they make a nice Reserve Riesling.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Inn on the Twenty appears to be booked for the weekend I was planning...any other suggestions?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
the area is beautiful, and you can get some nice food, but the wine is ****, except for some of the late harvest and Indian summer wine.

+1, went back again a few months ago. Vidals and such are good... fairly horrific reds as Pio said.

bing

Reaction score
Prince of Wales hotel downtown NOTL.

There is another place in Jordan that is supposed to be fantastic that is recently opened i heard. My brother and his buddies drove a while to dine there.

Stay away fromm Niagara Falls or St. Catharines if you want a decent meal.

Best restaurants in the area, honestly, are in Buffalo. Tempo and Buffalo Chop House.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads