• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Wow, I gotta keep my eyes out for these sweaters. The auction closed last night and the four sweaters sold for $2,300+.
smile.gif
Excellent work Mainy!!

Jeeez! I wish I came across some of these! I knew they were worth money, but not that much! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for them for the past several years with no results...

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the value have anything to do with Kanye West's affinity for them? The ones mainy had up were XL, and seemed to go for a much higher price than smaller sweaters of the same type. Makes me think the buyers are guys who want them long enough to cover the boxers hanging out of their saggy jeans.

kanye-dropout-bear.jpg

tumblr_lau756a9F41qdbf5lo1_500.jpg

Hoofit

Reaction score
^^^
I have to admit, while I was hitting up my spots today, I was keeping my eye out for some of those sweaters.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's weird too is that if you look at completed listings, there seem to be a bunch that are the same but sold for much less. But hey, if I can sell a 5.99 purchase for $100, I am all about it.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My polo auctions were won by people with no intention of paying, hence the insane prices. Realistically i will get 1200 for all 4. Will relist next week with fixed price instant pay auctions.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
My polo auctions were won by people with no intention of paying, hence the insane prices. Realistically i will get 1200 for all 4. Will relist next week with fixed price instant pay auctions.

Why would they bid with no intention of paying? That doesnt make sense.

Cant you force ebay to make them pay? I mean, it is a binding agreement.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Does the value have anything to do with Kanye West's affinity for them? The ones mainy had up were XL, and seemed to go for a much higher price than smaller sweaters of the same type.

There's a whole subculture that's really into early to mid 90s polo, they call themselves Lo Heads. Kanye is sort of a second-hand recipient of all that. The producer 88 Keys is a pretty serious one, and he's worked with Kanye in the past.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
Why would they bid with no intention of paying? That doesnt make sense.

Cant you force ebay to make them pay? I mean, it is a binding agreement.

Ever since eBay re-did their stupid regulations a year or two ago, they made it so sellers cannot leave buyer's negative feedback. It's positive or nothing at all. Ever since this, I've noticed more and more non-paying bidders. Granted I only sell a small handful of things a week, hence the chances of me running into these bidders are minimal, I still encounter them from time to time. If they overpay or for some reason after the auction figure they don't want it anymore, it won't affect them. All they'll get is a non-payment strike from eBay.
baldy[1].gif

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lo Heads fo' real

racklo_rocksteady.jpg

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CE- I hope the Ebayers follow through, that was a victory for all of us who
enjoy this hobby. You are 5x to 7x my best ebay sale, but enjoy hearing
about your success!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Ever since eBay re-did their stupid regulations a year or two ago, they made it so sellers cannot leave buyer's negative feedback. It's positive or nothing at all. Ever since this, I've noticed more and more non-paying bidders. Granted I only sell a small handful of things a week, hence the chances of me running into these bidders are minimal, I still encounter them from time to time. If they overpay or for some reason after the auction figure they don't want it anymore, it won't affect them. All they'll get is a non-payment strike from eBay.
baldy[1].gif

Stupidest thing I've ever heard. Can't leave negative feedback for buyers?
Wow!!!!!!!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know, right?! They don't listen to seller's requests either. They ask us to give them feedback on their system of how they do things and have us to periodical surveys. They completely ignore seller's requests and give in to the buyer's every need. It's ridiculous.

I understand the point of it. Before, many buyers were afraid to leave neg. feedback to sellers because of retaliatory feedback from the seller and early on I was a victim of this several times (I left a neg. because I got something fake or the item was trashed and they left me a neg. right back calling me a liar, idiot.....etc), so I know they meant well. They just went about doing it wrong.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
yea **** ebay and paypal. i refunded a couple people a few dollars for combined shipping, now paypal fucked me with a 21 day hold on my money or until i recieve positive feedback.....I have like 750 bucks that wont clear for another 2 weeks FML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics