• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I went a size up for the two that HAD a size up and went tts on the last one. They are TTS at the waist but quite slim in the thigh and through the leg generally really. But mostly the thigh. So I'll have to have the waist taken in a bit on two of them but that shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Anyway here we go. Thanks to the following people, as this was a styleforum collaborative effort to get me new suits.

Phoenixrecon for the heads up on the jackets being on sale,
Teger for proxying the jackets,
junebugmm for the heads up on the pants being on sale,
Lmaozedong for proxying the pants.

You are all the wind beneath my wings.

Suit 1: Grey Tweed

pt19.jpg

4-256.jpg

2-297.jpg

Suit 2: Grey flannel

pt22.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-Unstructured-Wool-Flannel-Sportcoat-6.jpg

Patrik-Ervell-Unstructured-Wool-Flannel-Sportcoat-1.jpg

Suit 3: Black wool twill - someone else led me to believe that even though they call it this, it's actually cashmere but we'll see when it arrives.

pt25.jpg

4356528827_cb44225e47_o.jpg

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The black blazer is ******* soft but the tag just says regular wool. Idk

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
incredible deal. pissed i missed out on them.

just think to yourself it's cashmere to make the <$250 spent even that much sweeter.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[MC] are the messy shoulder lines and poor fit at collar and lapels part of the concept? Some sort of anti-fit jackets? [/MC]

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The latex cape makes those outfits so much better.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
[MC] are the messy shoulder lines and poor fit at collar and lapels part of the concept? Some sort of anti-fit jackets? [/MC]
Other than the black one they are unstructured to the nth degree. And the runway models are pushing it with the sizing I think. I sized up on both and it looks really good worn imo, the kind of suit I can sit on a patio with sipping drinks with friends more than wear to work though I will wear them to work.

coldforge

Reaction score
Nah, the cashmere PE jacket was unstructured twill, not just regular twill.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sipang
The latex cape makes those outfits so much better.

I was looking for this but everyone just bought the latex rain coat.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
Nah, the cashmere PE jacket was unstructured twill, not just regular twill.
Unstructured refers to the jacket cut not the material. They made the same coat in black and someone was selling that black one on the B&S and claimed that though it was sold as a wool twill the fabric content was actually cashmere. I think it's probably just wool and don't really care but it will be interesting to see.

coldforge

Reaction score
I know what unstructured means; I'm just saying that the one that I got, that was advertised as dark grey twill and turned out to be cashmere twill, was the unstructured blazer, not the regular blazer.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
I was looking for this but everyone just bought the latex rain coat.

Ervell buys are always boring these days, South Willard seemed to have the most interesting selection when they still carried it
frown.gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Well I have seen a reasonable amount of the iron oxide around but the weird fabrics aren't what I identify with Ervell generally so I can understand why retailers want to stick to the tried and true there. Especially since the places that carry a fair bit of it, tresbien, roden, OC etc don't tend to fly too far from the sedate. Not much fussed about it myself since the sedate stuff is what I tend to like from Ervell anyway; latex raincoats and 4 button blazers aren't that appealing.

I am surprised that stuff wasn't koppable on the Ervell webstore though. That would be a good place to showcase the &quot;different&quot; stuff imo.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ervell was once known for his innovative use of tech fabrics though (parachute, mylar,...). Don't get me wrong, I like my Ervell jeans and shirts and stuff but seeing that big influx of new stockists resulting only in more of the same safe items season after season is kinda disappointing. (I'm probably projecting some of my disappointment about the recent collections here though.)

I don't get the Ervell webstore either, couldn't care less about "webstore exclusive colors".

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the grey flannel/tweed suits. Bought some cheap basic for Spring and gf got me a new iphone.
5405441776_fa585f479e_z.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads