• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to buy CHEAP ties?

francisco_bt

Reaction score
I would try TJ Maxx, they have Nautica ties at $10. I thought they were great bang for the buck, I bought three of them.

AncientSoul

Reaction score
Why are you insisting on a $3 tie? If the reason is that you must wear a tie at work and you hate your job then you should be looking for another job.

If you are just too cheap then buy a $10 tie and skip a big mac combo.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry...if you consider $3 a reasonable amount of money for a decent tie, you might as well tie an old sock around your neck.

suitedcboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Sorry...if you consider $3 a reasonable amount of money for a decent tie, you might as well tie an old sock around your neck.

But so many people rave over knit ties and that is the "look" accomplished by those.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
I've only been on SF for a year, but it's pretty amazing how MC treats dumb threads vs. SW&D.

Over there, OP would have been obliterated before the second page.

johnvw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stillerfan07
You should consider idfnl. He's a member here and also has an ebay store. I haven't bought from him personally, but he seems to be a solid guy and has good deals. http://shop.ebay.com/idfnl/m.html?_n...&_trksid=p3686
^This and deveandepot1. I have bought from both; both are great. I encourage you to expand your search beyond a "$3 tie." www.thetiebar.com is a website it would be worthwhile to check out. Outstanding selection for $15 each.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've bought cheap ties from Ebay seller from China for 94c shipped. They looked like ****, of course at the time I was new to SF, I thought it was the greatest deal ever. Now I feel like an idiot.
Your taste of style will change with time, buy stuff accordingly. That was my lesson.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fav place for cheap ties if Filene's Basement.

arirang

Reaction score
Hang out at Nordstrom Rack and look for the $0.01 specials... my last visit rewarded me with a decent Michael Kors number that might not carry much SF cred, but was 99.99% off retail so whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads