• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried out Homespun? It looks like one of the better "In good company" items. Hard to find anything about the company online. Doubt I would find these in store. Does anyone know how this fits? http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...9983/39983.jsp

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
A J Crew thread needs to be on page 1, so I'm bumping it.

In other news, are those suede NB sneaks growing on everybody or is it just me? I want a pair for summer instead of wearing chucks all the time.

For over 100$ it isn't.
fight[1].gif

deputychino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
A J Crew thread needs to be on page 1, so I'm bumping it.

In other news, are those suede NB sneaks growing on everybody or is it just me? I want a pair for summer instead of wearing chucks all the time.

Originally Posted by Guus
For over 100$ it isn't.
fight[1].gif

i agree on both parts, i like them, but not for $130.

looks like you can order the green pair on the NB website for $76.

http://newbalance-online.com/index.p...roducts_id=149

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that everything seemed to fit smaller. Like a pretty big jump. That gray cardigan (which was nice enough, but nothing special - for $100+) fit really slim for a small. Like enough for me to want to want to try a M on if I actually considered buying it. Which is pretty much unheard of me for me with j crew. Same boring polos. Some different color choices on the shorts this year. Khaki is a difficult color to find. The most compelling piece was a burgundy/red zip up in their terry loop. A lot of light weight cardigans..cropped. This was all really early spring stuff..first batch I guess. big checks and horizontal stripes..
87b138c8.jpg
1087a6fe.jpg
c6775c2a.jpg

098c2884.jpg
d138e3f5.jpg
5330f254.jpg

Stewbone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Has anyone ever tried out Homespun? It looks like one of the better "In good company" items. Hard to find anything about the company online. Doubt I would find these in store.

Does anyone know how this fits?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...9983/39983.jsp

Hard to tell. J Crew is very good at hyping up an item by giving the consumer a sense of being unique. I do love the look and how deep the buttons go but I just dont know if I can put up 65$+tax for it.

I'm personally going to wait for a sale, and if I miss it then oh well.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of new balance 574 or 1400 with slim jeans/chinos? I'm tempted to get some myself but with so many colour combintions its hard making a choice.

phaseshift

Reaction score
when's the next big sale, anyone know?

phaseshift

Reaction score
anyone work for j crew? im looking to get a discount on some items...pm me

phaseshift

Reaction score
hmmm too wait or not to wait...my bday is coming up. I go the spring catalogue for men and I like some of the shirts and I'm reaaaaaly digging the white cement bucks OMG
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
hmmm too wait or not to wait...my bday is coming up. I go the spring catalogue for men and I like some of the shirts and I'm reaaaaaly digging the white cement bucks OMG
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

One of these shoes costs more than half of what the other costs. Quality is probably more or less the same. Can you guess which one?
images_eiec_37_37838_37838_NA6040_tif_d0730c19b478193a.jpg
1269510-p-DETAILED.jpg

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
One of these shoes costs more than half of what the other costs. Quality is probably more or less the same. Can you guess which one?

images_eiec_37_37838_37838_NA6040_tif_d0730c19b478193a.jpg

1269510-p-DETAILED.jpg

hmmm where might i find these?

are there any others with the red brick soles?

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
First sales last year were during late Feb/Early March.

I suppose 20 percent off one item is considered a sale, but the only time you get great deals at J Crew is when they're switching stock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads