• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by C-Note
And what I'm describing is the desire to actually be a little bit closer to being "normal" weight? Not by fat or anything but perhaps muscle? Your second question was a bit more on target but still off. If you have trouble fitting into even other brands' clothing then why is it so difficult to try and maybe build some muscle and fit into a regular small?
Hey, I'm Asian (Indian) and we are a small people. So be careful how you throw around a word like "normal." In India (as in China, Korea, Japan, and other countries there), an XS here is actually a size M there. No joke. I recently bought this coat from a Korean eBayer: http://tinyurl.com/4zuz2go . Scroll to the bottom to read their description of "Korean Size" and how it differs from "US Size." In fact, they don't even sell the equivalent of a US Large over there, since it would be considered XXL.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
Hey, I'm Asian (Indian) and we are a small people. So be careful how you throw around a word like "normal." In India (as in China, Korea, Japan, and other countries there), an XS here is actually a size M there. No joke. I recently bought this coat from a Korean eBayer: http://tinyurl.com/4zuz2go . Scroll to the bottom to read their description of "Korean Size" and how it differs from "US Size." In fact, they don't even sell the equivalent of a US Large over there, since it would be considered XXL.
They must have an American mannequin - the jackets are stretched over that thing! Good point, though. I'll also add that most European mall brands seem to fit about a size small compared to US. i.e.: here a medium is about a 40, there it is about a 38/39. I remember walking into a store and pulling a medium off the rack, and the sales girl told me I was crazy to fit into that size - and she was right.

cocks

Reaction score
lol @ fatties trying to justify their pathetic existence.

C-Note

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocks
lol @ fatties trying to justify their pathetic existence.
And who might you be referring to? PS @raptor - you'll note that people like this guy quoted are the kinds that love using blanket statements to make assumptions with no foundation. This is what happens when people get offended by being called "skinny" when they are too small for an XXS. If being too small for an XXS is regular than what does that make a medium? This forum must be full of some teenaged angst or something.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by C-Note
PS @raptor - you'll note that people like this guy quoted are the kinds that love using blanket statements to make assumptions with no foundation.

Yeah, can we all just accept that people come in different shapes and sizes and call it a day?

I don't understand why this thread has turned into a bunch of body snarking comments.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raptorrapture
Yeah, can we all just accept that people come in different shapes and sizes and call it a day?

I don't understand why this thread has turned into a bunch of body snarking comments.

+1 million.

It's fine to give some guidance on LEC sizing to help people decide what to order. Why does it have turn into attacks on people?

cocks

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
lol at morons trying to justify anorexic feminine figures as being 'normal males'. Go chug some protein and hit the gym.

Whoru? Sorry, didn't that comment was going to strike a nerve with random fatties.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I'll post a fit pic. That way I can decide once and for all whether I'll keep the shirts or not.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Would somebody measure the shoulders (across top back) of a small chambray? I remember it being tight. The medium is a little over 18" which seems ok for me. The measurement they gave me was 18" for small and 18.75 for med (which is obviously not right).

aprogressivone

Reaction score
I just ordered from them. This is my second time ordering. I am 5'8" 163lbs and small seems to work for me. I have the red chambray in small as well as some of the heritage poplin's in small from my first order like 2 months ago. On my new order I decided to stick with small for the crew necks and cardigan sweaters I ordered. I hope it turns out okay. I will post pics when i get the items.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I was going to post some fit pics, but looking at them after taking the photos, I realized, the movements (or contortions rather) which would result in the button pulling are more like calisthenics, than normal movements I'd make while wearing a dress shirt. Maybe I'm ok with them after all. Oh, the sleeves are too long. Sigh.

mk.ultra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cocks
Whoru? Sorry, didn't that comment was going to strike a nerve with random fatties.
Michael%20Jackson%20Jackson_popcorn.gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** this thread sucks. just buy your clothes and if it does not fit, return/exchange or try another label. why the arguing? ffs

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I can't speak for anyone else, but the extremely low prices are enormously tempting. I keep buying more items despite the quality and fit. Hoping to get lucky, I keep rolling the dice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads