• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
WHOA

please say that's coming to the the exchange soon.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Niiice 3-piece! I have a Southwick 3-piece 3/2 sack suit I need to post but I'm continually putting it off. Never seen a Brooks tweed 3-piece like that.

Also interested to hear you had good results with an LB item. I think I'd probably pick up LB if I saw it - I know there's Kiton and Brioni women's stuff out there too, seen a few of those on the bay, but there doesn't seem to be quite the same kind of market and I won't be browsing the women's anytime soon! Well, at least more than I already am!
laugh.gif

Kitontini

Reaction score
Had a Great Haul today!
-Found 2 Chester Barrie Suits! 1 is a 3-piece suit! Both look like they've never been worn.
-Found a White DB Shawl Lapel Canali Dinner Jacket! This is stunning!
-2 100% Cashmere E. Zegna "soft" Sportcoats.
-Found a VERY Light (Partically see through) Turnbull & Asser Tuxedo Shirt.
-Incotex Pants.
-NWT Luciano Barbera Cotton Pants. The Tag reads $395.
-NWT E. Zegna "soft" Pants.
-Gianluca Isaia Dress Shirt.

Look for Some of this Stuff in B&S forum in the Next Few Days!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Super haul

hyakku

Reaction score
Good god kitonitini, I'm glad you aren't anywhere near LA.

Grabbed a pair of amazing Bruno Magli Remiglio's, 10 1/2 today. Extraordinary condition, they are a little loose though so Im deciding on whether to keep them or put them up for sale/ trade, will let you all know soon.

Also grabbed a RL purple label navy blue zip up sweater, found it buried amongst a bunch of sweaters. Pretty sure I'll have this up for sale / trade as its an XL and won't fit me, but I couldn't just leave it there, neglected. IF roommates don't want, will post. Even met a guy in the store who does this often as well (he honestly could've been an SF member, wouldn't be surprised) who was super excited for me when he saw me in line. Probably helped that I pointed out a stain in a Zegna coat we both decided to pass on.

Finally, and these are what I'm most excited about, I found a pair of shoes known as Nettleton's which are absolutely gorgeous. They were a little slim in the store but I had white socks on, so i'm praying they fit me (9E), but I've gotta get more info about these shoes so if anyone up here knows please enlighten me, a quick search at the store (along with their amazing aesthetics) convinced me that they were worth grabbing. Once my roommate wakens with his Iphone 4 I'll take a picture of them as I believe they are even shell cordovan.

A pretty good weekend, I'll update later with pictures and any other finds. Passed on a pair of AE 12D's in pretty great condition, I believe the regular Toe cap ones, if anyone's interested in them I can grab them later on or tomorrow.

Temujin

Reaction score
Before and after pix of the Tweed/Cheaney/Church's shoes I posted a few pages back. The one shoe had some significant dark stains on the toes that would not come out and were there even when I stripped them, thus the black dye.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hyakku

Finally, and these are what I'm most excited about, I found a pair of shoes known as Nettleton's which are absolutely gorgeous. They were a little slim in the store but I had white socks on, so i'm praying they fit me (9E), but I've gotta get more info about these shoes so if anyone up here knows please enlighten me, a quick search at the store (along with their amazing aesthetics) convinced me that they were worth grabbing. Once my roommate wakens with his Iphone 4 I'll take a picture of them as I believe they are even shell cordovan.

Nettletons are like Alden. They may be shell. When you post pics, post the pic of inside numbers, too.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Temujin
Before and after pix of the Tweed/Cheaney/Church's shoes I posted a few pages back. The one shoe had some significant dark stains on the toes that would not come out and were there even when I stripped them, thus the black dye.

Can't say I liked the color combo. Shoes are super. Maybe all black better?

Temujin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by catside
Can't say I liked the color combo. Shoes are super. Maybe all black better?

Yeah, these are a bit out there, but they are different. And they are growing on me...And no one else has a pair quite like this...And I have a pair of black cap toes already...

hyakku

Reaction score
Some pics of some of the scores this weekend. Can anyone tell me if the zipper on RLPL sweaters are like this or if this one is weird? I can't really tell as it zips fine.
img0122is.jpg
img0125bp.jpg
img0123j.jpg
img0114ma.jpg
Zegna Shirt
photo11kc.jpg

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^No not shell. But very nice.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nabbed an Oxxford shirt that happens to be a Kiton made version for $13.50.
Its SWEEEET.
its a blue and white candy stripe, with a super spread collar.
The usual odd off white shell buttons and nearly everyseam is hand stitched, just like my regular Kiton shirts.

petepeteo

Reaction score
I was able to pick up 6 Paul Stuart french cuff shirts for $1.06 each? Any feedback on quality on Paul Stuart shirts?

youngnstupid

Reaction score
Hi guys! Ive just started thrift shopping and this is what i got today. Two Zegna ties. im just wondering if i could actually wear the ties since the pattern is a little different. And if so any suggestions what i should wear it with or any images of people wearing them? thanks!
img0071of.jpg
img0072to.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads