• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luca Rubinacci ; most TACKY around

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Also, the OPs consistently homophobic comments are just despicable.
Perhaps he's ultra closeted -- a la Roy Cohen and J. Edgar Hover -- and he believes himself to be pointing the finger elsewhere.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
he looks to be just an histrionic person that wants to call for attention.

Also looks super **** with all my respects to ellegant homos.

Not very macho position;

Another as him;

Any issues with your masculinity you'd like to talk about?

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Perhaps he's ultra closeted -- a la Roy Cohen and J. Edgar Hover -- and he believe himself to be pointing the finger elsewhere.

Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Any issues with your masculinity you'd like to talk about?

Roy Cohen actually came to mind. Although, I also considered the fact that OP's primary language is not english so there is a possibility that he is using google translation - in which case it can be blamed on the algorithm used to translate what he inputs.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
The OP is a sockpuppet/troll you dolts.

Rubinacci often fails but at least he tries to make suit wearing interesting. Most people stop at boringly consistent and feel they're put the required effort.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

Luca looks great. Esp the first photo. His lapels are perfect.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
The OP is a sockpuppet/troll you dolts.
Why don't you tell us who he really is?

That said, I agree with your comment about R jr ... not that you'll give a damn.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Also looks super **** with all my respects to ellegant homos.

The only thing worse than homophobes is homophobes who can't spell.

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
You people responding to Spalla like he's a legit poster are fools

Duly noted. It all makes sense now.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Why don't you tell us who he really is?

That said, I agree with your comment about R jr ... not that you'll give a damn.

Well since I have no idea what you wear (aside from a cowboy hat), I have no idea where you're coming from. I assume the ranch picture was contextual so this leaves me with very little information. Have you ever posted a picture?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you may think of him and his outfits, he certainly knows how to attract attention to the brand.

DandySF

Reaction score
Thank God for people like Luca. I've always thought he looks like someone who has fun with his clothes, takes risks, makes a mistake or two, and isn't afraid to stand out.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
Thank God for people like Luca. I've always thought he looks like someone who has fun with his clothes, takes risks, makes a mistake or two, and isn't afraid to stand out.

Good point. IMO, he does his brand more of a disservice than a service. Again, just my opinion.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Well since I have no idea what you wear (aside from a cowboy hat), I have no idea where you're coming from. I assume the ranch picture was contextual so this leaves me with very little information. Have you ever posted a picture?
I have posted photos of what I wear. I was the first on the forum to post side by side comparisons of bespoke pieces from Anderson & Sheppard, Dege, Huntsman & Richard Anderson. Other members -- including Vox and Darren Beaman -- later reposted them on several occasions. I've also posted photos of myself in a RA house tweed & diagonal pinstripe ... as well as an A&S DB suit. Moreover, I've posted several photos of a number of coats still on the hanger ... both Anderson & Sheppard and Richard Anderson. Lately I posted a photo of an A&S SB coat I wore on NYE. But I don't go out of my way to "model" my clothes ... that's not my style.

That said, I don't recall seeing any photos of you ... except perhaps for the panda costume in your avatar?

Fuuma, mostly I react less than positively to an obvious contempt you all too openly display toward others. It's an attitude that is so unnecessary for someone of your obvious intelligence.

EDIT: Imageshack seems to be down ... otherwise I'd post a couple again. And the ranch photo -- which is indeed contextual -- was posted in jest after a member offered that he pictured me a cross between Monte Burns and Gray Gardens while wearing "mother's fur coat."

Found a couple already on SF ... lets see if I can cross post. Oh, and there's a face pic in my SF profile.

sellahi22

Reaction score
i think luca looks awesome in the 3 photos you posted as well as most of the pics on the sartorialist and rubinacci blog. he's the best i've seen at mixing colors/patterns/textures, and i would guess that most of the photos he posts on line are intended to display this virtuosity. he's probably more restrained and conventional in real life.

the only time he misses is when he's modeling the rubinacci RTW line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads