• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Greylabel
^^^^ Agreed. Looks like a great fit though.. First time poster on SF. Decided to try a new forum.. Some of the fits on here look great.. others are interesting... Anyway, here's mine today on a rainy day.
dsc0642e.jpg

This is good, welcome! Aeglus, awesome but not sure about pure white t neck.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
f0e92df8.jpg

agree with the other guy who said you need looser pants. too top heavy. super clean white shoes also look awkward with the rest. i'm also not a huge fan of the "homeless man" gloves.

Originally Posted by aeglus
tumblr_lfto8r3NLj1qcq3ab

really awesome. the pose wins. so runway. my only problem with it is the overcoat sleeves are too short. did you get them shortened? they really should come down to your knuckle at least.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CosmicOsmo
That's funny 'cause when I went in to get it cut I brought my stylist a picture of your latest fit as a guide.
ffffuuuu.gif

Ocdoy.jpg

not sure if serious?

BIGBERTHA

Reaction score
About to board a flight, YYC>YYJ. A tad dark.
pTkHul.jpg

MFSC
100s
IHeart
Vibergs

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Greylabel
^^^^ Agreed. Looks like a great fit though.. First time poster on SF. Decided to try a new forum.. Some of the fits on here look great.. others are interesting... Anyway, here's mine today on a rainy day.

dsc0642e.jpg

This is decent so don't sweat it, but it's easy to go too slim on the bottom when wearing a jacket. I am not sure when this is the case - it may be when jackets hit at the top of the hip. Can you flatten the pockets? The stacks are jacked up, too, but I feel your pain.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BIGBERTHA
About to board a flight, YYC>YYJ. A tad dark.
pTkHul.jpg

MFSC
100s
IHeart
Vibergs

Yes photo's a bit dark to see the details but it looks pretty decent.
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
This is decent so don't sweat it, but it's easy to go too slim on the bottom when wearing a jacket. I am not sure when this is the case - it may be when jackets hit at the top of the hip. Can you flatten the pockets? The stacks are jacked up, too, but I feel your pain.

+1 - I don't think the camera angle is helping with the balance between the legs and top either.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another cold one, another thick roll-neck:

20110130_main.jpg

Barbour Trooper
Highland Home Industries sweater
Albam Trail Pants
Redwing Iron Ranger

Greylabel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
how much did you get that band parka for Greylabel? (this one right?)

Thanks for all the compliments and critiques. I'm not too concerned about going too slim with this jacket as it's pretty slim itself. The angle definitely didn't help though as it's made me look a lot shorter than I actually am..

I got the coat off E-Bay off someone who bought it off context and couldn't return. Tried it on locally though before I got it. Saved a couple hundred.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I agree, I'm looking top heavy in my fits. I thought that one yesterday looked good right after I took it, but after staring at it the last day, my proportions are all out of whack. I have thin legs and have an (unwavering) tendency to wear slim pants. Anything else, I think they look overly baggy. If anyone has suggestions though I would love it.

A lot of my critiques have been the inseam being too short on my pants. I agreed with those so tried a 34" inseam instead of a 30". I think they look better overall and those are these pictures.

I also know the bright white sneakers are blinding and distracting. I'm trying to wear them to a more neutral color. I couldn't fit the jeans over my boots I normally wear in the snow.

Sorry for the same old top and cardigan and gloves look, but the post is more about the pants and 4" inseam jump that I was scared of for some reason.

988c19de.jpg

8233cb8e.jpg

93dae391.jpg

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirts tucked into jeans that are really tight in the waist never looks right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads