• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now that we're postponing our trip to Egypt, where should we go?

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
My wife and I were planning a two week trip to Egypt this autumn - Alexandria, Cairo and then a cruise down the Nile. But we'll probably postpone with everything going on there.

Where should we go?

Looking for someplace far-flung. We have two weeks and a flight/hotel budget around 6k.

Places we've already been:
-Australia
-A lot of western Europe
-The South Pacific
-Carribbean
-A lot of CONUS.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
India?

China?

SE Asia?

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
Japan?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
next autumn? I'd say wait a few weeks - in a month it will be clear what is happening in Egypt. if things quiet down, go to egypt - prices will be dirt cheap. if not, then make other plans. away from the middle east.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
next autumn? I'd say wait a few weeks - in a month it will be clear what is happening in Egypt. if things quiet down, go to egypt - prices will be dirt cheap. if not, then make other plans. away from the middle east.

Ummm...no. That's not happening.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of going to Luxor in March but the plan is currently on hold. Lets see how it goes ...

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel

meaning ? You think thsi will stretch over months ? Things seem to be moving fast

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel

didn't you have a whole thread about how you were going to go away?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
meaning ? You think thsi will stretch over months ? Things seem to be moving fast

this will be over relatively quick - or at least it will be clear what is happening pretty quickly.

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
didn't you have a whole thread about how you were going to go away?
A. that was CE B. It was a joke- wake up, GT. But seriously, this going to last months, not weeks.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greece. The history is only slightly more recent and the food is better.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
If you want to blow cash you could go to dubai. northern japan for some adventures in the snow. if you want really remote why not northern canada. train ride across india would be interesting too. morocco seemed a popular destination last year. greek economy is garbage meaning you could stretch your dollar a long way

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to recommend Dubai also, because there's tons to see and do- plus the new Atlantis resort is a trip in its' self. In any case, I got the feeling they wanted to visit a place with some pretty deep roots, with a lot of visual history. If that's what you want, Greece or Italy your best option- awesome place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics