• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Son-of-a-***** that looks good.

Wow.

+1 I like the fit of that shirt. I think the trousers fit great, but then again, I liked the fit of the trousers earlier in the thread too

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I had final adjustments to my 3-piece Loro Piana PoW this evening, and I have to state that Mina and Sr. Antonio have really raised the bar with what I can only describe as a ******* bang-on, next-level garment. While I'm still a bespoke novice, I can't see how either fit or aesthetics can be meaningfully improved from here. Am too tired and need to crash, so will provide details on mods from my previous commissions tomorrow, including a "reveal" which should be of great interest to NSM clients...

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^Looks ******* great,I am envious. Do you think that you get better results by going straight to Naples as opposed to getting your fittings elsewhere? I am assuming that you are seeing the cutter of your garments in Naples,right?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bam! Wow! That's a friggin killer suit medtech. Makes me think that perhaps I'll give Mina my Fox Flannel glen plaid fabric. We'll see how things go at our first meeting next month in NYC. Can't wait after seeing these shots!

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like how you posted plenty of good pics

The vest looks nice and higher up to my tastes.

Shame there isn't enough bidness in Los Angeles to get them to come down here

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Beautiful Riva fabric medtech. And that 3-pc is killer! The coat appears to be quite a bit longer, no?

Really enjoying these reports.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously one of the best bespoke reports. Mina's work is blowing me away. They seem more expensive than Chan, but not once you factor in the fact that they nail it so well early on.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
So I had final adjustments to my 3-piece Loro Piana PoW this evening, and I have to state that Mina and Sr. Antonio have really raised the bar with what I can only describe as a ******* bang-on, next-level garment. While I'm still a bespoke novice, I can't see how either fit or aesthetics can be meaningfully improved from here. Am too tired and need to crash, so will provide details on mods from my previous commissions tomorrow, including a "reveal" which should be of great interest to NSM clients...

chi sta ghignando qui?

Originally Posted by forex
^^^Looks ******* great,I am envious. Do you think that you get better results by going straight to Naples as opposed to getting your fittings elsewhere? I am assuming that you are seeing the cutter of your garments in Naples,right?

Either way you get the boss. Medtech just has a little more flexibility in where he is at any given moment.

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Bam! Wow! That's a friggin killer suit medtech. Makes me think that perhaps I'll give Mina my Fox Flannel glen plaid fabric. We'll see how things go at our first meeting next month in NYC. Can't wait after seeing these shots!

Originally Posted by chasingred
Seriously one of the best bespoke reports. Mina's work is blowing me away. They seem more expensive than Chan, but not once you factor in the fact that they nail it so well early on.

All you fence-sitters - NSM is as good as it gets without buying a sartoria. You cannot get better service than la sarta finishing your coat while you wait, all the while telling Dino that if he wants his coat fixed he should get in line.

and David - PM me.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the jacket, the waist reduction and the back.

Some other of your earlier post here did wrinkles on the back of the armhole. Was it fixed?

Maverick972

Reaction score
My goodness! I, personally, think you are probably the best dressed on the forum. Most top in my book! Congrats!

Merlino

Reaction score
While I'm still a bespoke novice, I can't see how either fit or aesthetics can be meaningfully improved from here.[/url]

Amazing suit! Some suggestions for your next project:

- the collar could be narrowed just a tad so that no gap is formed when you raise your arm or put your hands in your pockets
- I would like slimmer sleeves
- I would shorten the sleeves a bit

But I'm probably nitpicking / expressing personal taste here.

clintonf

Reaction score

What I like about this is that you actually look comfortable. This means that when you wear this suit, it's going to look like it does now. I'm not sure whether I'm making sense, but I've seen a good few fits and most of the "better" ones are where one can see the wearer feeling good wearing the suit.

I would speculate that (in my opinion) this is one of the best fits I've seen for a long time (and I've seen some very appealing fits here).

I lot of people want to add tweaks to it. I say that the current configuration is something that you're clearly happy with. Most of the advice is personal to the poster. I doubt that you'd listen to most and I agree that you shouldn't.

Just enjoy the suit. Makes me wish that I had some good money (and a better body) to rock that ****.

Well done

Clint

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
^^^Do you think that you get better results by going straight to Naples as opposed to getting your fittings elsewhere? I am assuming that you are seeing the cutter of your garments in Naples,right?

I'm not sure about "better" results per se, as Mina has a tremendous knowledge of construction and is an exceptional fitter. The fact that Sr. Antonio has seen me a few times clearly doesn't hurt, but he work is guided largely by Mina. I'd say my visits to NSM have enabled me to reach this stage more quickly, but I'm equally confident I would have gotten there even without setting foot in Naples.

Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Some other of your earlier post here did wrinkles on the back of the armhole. Was it fixed?

Mina and Sr. Antonio continually tweak stuff as they see it. The key thing I'm learning is to really wear the garments to enable them to settle in and confirm to my body. Sounds obvious I know, but I think there's a tendency here on SF (and I don't exclude myself) to want to "fix" things or make little tweaks right away, which I now believe to be counterproductive.

Originally Posted by apropos
Medtech, (based on your location) are you one of our own? You should bring her over!

I was based in Sydney for 2 1/2 years and LOVED it. Am back in the states now and just never got around to updating my profile.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by clintonf
I lot of people want to add tweaks to it. I say that the current configuration is something that you're clearly happy with. Most of the advice is personal to the poster. I doubt that you'd listen to most and I agree that you shouldn't.

Clint

Thanks, I think I'm learning how to be an effective bespoke customer - more on this in another post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads