• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS11

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on stockists. Also, I mistakenly labeled that floral shirt above as the western shirt. It's actually the Tab Collar shirt.
Engineer Jacket in Two Tone Black
c9230c21.jpg
a2bb9358.jpg
f7183dd4.jpg
45fa71b9.jpg
Brown
e34aa696.jpg
Classic Shirt
dd2c78bd.jpg
0ab5e316.jpg
829c69ec.jpg
^ Why did this pattern have to be so good. Thought I had enough plaid (looks very Burberry though).
1445c9d7.jpg
Western in Chambray
23d0e281.jpg
Shawl Collar Cardi in Knit Jacquard Grey/Black
72b04bf1.jpg
41479f57.jpg
Parka
bf79217f.jpg
26ac405c.jpg
16d99542.jpg
1fb6cba3.jpg
4d1a9eb7.jpg
b9ad63e4.jpg
6b6533e7.jpg
51c313eb.jpg
I think this looks best here
b954fe54.gif
Ties
382e12a5.jpg
633db76d.jpg
c2450a3c.jpg
02c64c89.jpg
Scarves
5d6b95ab.jpg
7d8b4ddd.jpg
2558d778.jpg
66714e77.jpg
a98d4f5a.jpg
15a35c75.jpg
9adcf994.jpg
Ashfield
2debbbf3.jpg
0ab3f6a3.jpg
06a74aa0.jpg

botfc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Classic Shirt

829c69ec.jpg

^ Why did this pattern have to be so good. Thought I had enough plaid (looks very Burberry though).

Best pattern of S/S so far but the classic shirt cut looks way too boxy on me.

raven37457

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the sharkskin or linen fabric will be used in any other pieces other than the baker jacket and popovers, respectively? I think the sharkskin is going to be used in the cambridge pant but I am not certain. Thanks

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
Does anyone know if the sharkskin or linen fabric will be used in any other pieces other than the baker jacket and popovers, respectively? I think the sharkskin is going to be used in the cambridge pant but I am not certain. Thanks

raven, did you ask ab what eg pieces they carried? this new collection is ******* amazing.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
raven, did you ask ab what eg pieces they carried? this new collection is ******* amazing.
Yes, I did. For everyone else, Alan Blizerian in Boston, MA stocks EG. They had select pieces from the F/W collection including the red/black work shirt in plaid flannel, irving jacket and hartford jacket if my memory is correct (not sure about sizes, fabrics or colors). Maty in menswear also stated Blizerian will be receiving pieces from EG's S/S 2011 collection in due time. Maty and Hilary in menswear were extremely accommodating and provided great service. Give them a call in a few weeks if you are interested in the EG pieces they are receiving. The s/s 2011 collection is great. Overall, I think the collection is subtle using relaxed patterns and color. In my opinion, the lava popover is the most daring piece in terms of pattern and color. The collection is extremely different from the S/S 2010 collection which was filled with more pastel color and brighter colors including the pink floral popovers, tab collar in purple/green and turquoise, work shirt in mint, red fatigues, etc. I spoke with Angelo while visiting the Nepenthes store late last year and he stated he visited the Southwest and was really digging that vibe. He said you may see Southwestern influences interpreted in future collections maybe f/w 2011 and/or s/s 2012. Who knows, in any case, the S/S 2011 collection rocks. I would also like to see the tropical fabric used in the WWM Ranger Pants. Looks great in pictures. Here are the pieces on the top of my list. Definitely Getting: Fatigue shorts olive ripstop (unless they do a run in linen or sharkskin, crossing fingers) Popover cream linen Pieces I want to see in person: Engineer Jacket (olive) Field Vest (ripstop brushed poplin beige) Work Shirt (cream navy polka dot) Work Shirt (navy rust) Classic Shirt (red khaki plaid) Cambridge Pant (sharkskin) Ghurka short (floral)

mpcec

Reaction score
Could someone ID these pants for me please?
51c313eb.jpg

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw the cream w/ navy polka dots workshirt at Context today....very cool shirt. I still have trouble with the high side cut on the EG workshirtsbut if it wasn't for that I would have gotten it. Also this seasons chambray is very cool as well and I tried on a striped Baker jacket that I may have to pick up at some point as a lighter weight springtime alternative to my whipcord Bedford. They where just unpacking this stuff so it isn't up on the website yet but they do have some of it in store now.

eternaldrake

Reaction score
the engineer jacket in two-tone is looking really nice, as is the parka

alex99

Reaction score
Has anyone tried on a classic shirt or 19th bd from this season? I'm wondering if they slimmed down the fit like they did for the work shirt. That classic shirt above looks like it might be short in length too.

tetsuo

Reaction score
whats the sizing like for the Polka dot work shirt? i need something with a 22" chest and 18" shoudlers

astris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
saw the cream w/ navy polka dots workshirt at Context today....very cool shirt. I still have trouble with the high side cut on the EG workshirtsbut if it wasn't for that I would have gotten it. Also this seasons chambray is very cool as well and I tried on a striped Baker jacket that I may have to pick up at some point as a lighter weight springtime alternative to my whipcord Bedford. They where just unpacking this stuff so it isn't up on the website yet but they do have some of it in store now.
I'll take that whipcord off your hands.

Definitely need to stop by Context on my next work trip to Wisconsin to check some of this out. No one in San Diego carries EG!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics