• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John Varvatos today. Its a good everyday scent.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried Chanel Sycome today at their NYC store. Smells solely like cedar and vetiver. It is nice and not overly complex. It has the perfect amount of sweetness imo. Overall a nice fragragrance.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Twill Rose today. This is my third or fourth time trying this one, and I'm getting to like it more and more. I hadn't really noticed how green the rose was until Dane pointed it out. (If a rose is less green than Une Rose, I tend not to think of it as really green.) I also applied it a little more generously today, so that may have helped.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Eh, so I *********** pooch and got the samples mixed. The heavy hitter yesterday was EPIC Man, not DIA. Today, I'm trying DIA.
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Twill Rose today. This is my third or fourth time trying this one, and I'm getting to like it more and more. I hadn't really noticed how green the rose was until Dane pointed it out. (If a rose is less green than Une Rose, I tend not to think of it as really green.) I also applied it a little more generously today, so that may have helped.
What's a "green" rose?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
You use them in fried green rosematoes.
biggrin.gif

DaBatMan

Reaction score
D&G... The One Gentleman. Enough Said!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo

What's a "green" rose?

I just mean a rose fragrance that also has some green notes. Sort of like a rose along with the stem.

Completely unrelated, but I recall that you were going to order some samples of Secretions Magnifiques and Encens et Bubblegum. Did you ever do that? What did you think?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
I just mean a rose fragrance that also has some green notes. Sort of like a rose along with the stem. Completely unrelated, but I recall that you were going to order some samples of Secretions Magnifiques and Encens et Bubblegum. Did you ever do that? What did you think?
I thought you might have meant a rose + a vetiver sort of scent. I was going to order them from Lucky Scent but they happened to be out of samples in several of the fragrances that I wanted. Now that I'm running the splits I think I'll probably end up doing it that way. Might be easier. The Amouage Dia man isn't as overpowering, or exciting, as the Epic.

ratratan

Reaction score
anyone like carolina herrera chic? the sa at the store said it was their best seller. i brushed her off since i remember it had 3 stars in the guide with comments like fresh mishmash or every masculine made in the last 20 years or something.

my next choice on my try list is dunhill black.

i stuck to 3 star frags in my browsing since i wasn't looking for an elegant classy fume...

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think chanel 19 is a pretty green rose, incase you guys are looking for that.

today - left hand L'Occitane Vetyver (btw what the difference between vetiver and vetyver?)
right hand Noir de Noir (still can't decide if it's too fem.)

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Bergdorf today and tried some fragrances to my heart's content. Tried Oud Wood and didn't really like it... I really liked the Kilian fragrances I tried. Perhaps it's because I haven't tried many floral fragrances for men. The two I tried were very floral but really high quality. Liasons Dangerous is really nice. It's hard for me to pinpoint the notes. Prelude to Love was gorgeous. Smells like orange blossoms and green tea. Really lovely. Anyone have experiences with Kilian?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ya, wearing taste of heaven again today
smile.gif
I think the Killians are abit overpriced for what you get imo.
Originally Posted by musicguy
Went to Bergdorf today and tried some fragrances to my heart's content. Tried Oud Wood and didn't really like it... I really liked the Kilian fragrances I tried. Perhaps it's because I haven't tried many floral fragrances for men. The two I tried were very floral but really high quality. Liasons Dangerous is really nice. It's hard for me to pinpoint the notes. Prelude to Love was gorgeous. Smells like orange blossoms and green tea. Really lovely. Anyone have experiences with Kilian?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
ya, wearing taste of heaven again today
smile.gif
I think the Killians are abit overpriced for what you get imo.

Boy that's an understatement right there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads