• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest™ Part II

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Responses to my idea of resurrecting this thread without Vox show how out of sync my pov is from the current dominant members of mc. As such it is time to introspect. ..

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ A bit of a drama queen. If you'd like to see this again, start it up. No one really seems to care that much.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Responses to my idea of resurrecting this thread without Vox show how out of sync my pov is from the current dominant members of mc. As such it is time to introspect. ..

I just think Bill needs to be involved if this particular digest is to be continued. If you would like to come up with something that is uniquely your own, I fully support that.

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
Why dont one of you just start your own WAYWRN Subjective etc and let Vox have his hiatus instead of trying to bring him back to something he has let go of. One of you could become the new Vox so to speak? Just saying.........

This.... kind of.

The Vox digest was awesome, and when I was starting out, I wanted to be included.

WAYWRN is the driving force of MC, IMO. Without something that summarizes, or brings a little more attention to the thread, it just gets kind of stagnant. There are over 4 million pageviews on that thread. Its an important thing to StyleForum and brings a lot of traffic here, from many, many different people, places, even retail environments and publications.

Part of the reason why I started the challenges was to give a goal, or direct attention to a specific thing. Of course I would love this particular digest to come back (by the originator), but if someone else takes the reigns and starts one, kudos to him. However, part of the reason why the Vox digest was so great IMO is because he has great taste, and an inclusion in that digest meant you met a standard. If a new poster were to create a weekly "best of", I dont know if it would have the same impact unless that person had proven himself to have great style himself. Without that, I dont think it would really resonate the same. For me, anyhow.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this pretty much nails it, in a much more diplomatic manner than I was able to muster this a.m.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
You have made my point Spoo. Your challange is becoming the Vox subjective etc....

Thanks Fred. BTW, I miss seeing your chair.
biggrin.gif

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
This.... kind of.

The Vox digest was awesome, and when I was starting out, I wanted to be included.

WAYWRN is the driving force of MC, IMO. Without something that summarizes, or brings a little more attention to the thread, it just gets kind of stagnant. There are over 4 million pageviews on that thread. Its an important thing to StyleForum and brings a lot of traffic here, from many, many different people, places, even retail environments and publications.

Part of the reason why I started the challenges was to give a goal, or direct attention to a specific thing. Of course I would love this particular digest to come back (by the originator), but if someone else takes the reigns and starts one, kudos to him. However, part of the reason why the Vox digest was so great IMO is because he has great taste, and an inclusion in that digest meant you met a standard. If a new poster were to create a weekly "best of", I dont know if it would have the same impact unless that person had proven himself to have great style himself. Without that, I dont think it would really resonate the same. For me, anyhow.

Very Well Stated. I completely agree. Have a nice weekend.

-LR

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If a new poster were to create a weekly "best of", I dont know if it would have the same impact unless that person had proven himself to have great style himself. Without that, I dont think it would really resonate the same. For me, anyhow.

Does this mean you want me to start one? All you have to do is ask....

devil.gif

Sonny58

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

The title of this thread precludes such an idea.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Vox digest was awesome, and when I was starting out, I wanted to be included... However, part of the reason why the Vox digest was so great IMO is because he has great taste, and an inclusion in that digest meant you met a standard. If a new poster were to create a weekly "best of", I dont know if it would have the same impact unless that person had proven himself to have great style himself. Without that, I dont think it would really resonate the same. For me, anyhow.

So, when are you starting the Spoo Weekly Digest?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics