• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yuketen Footwear

hot*java

Reaction score
Hi All- As promised, I've found a bit of interesting new info and thought I'd share it - anyone seen the new hunter boots (Nigel Cabourn for Yuketen) announced for Fall/Winter 2011? They certainly differ in the finishing details (contrasting stitching where the moccasin toe meets the upper, through-eyelets all the way up), but the overall styling (leather and wool upper on a white Vibram sole) looks pretty similar to the stuff Sierra had. Interesting in any case that the style that "looked nothing like Yuk" looks a lot like a model from the Fall 2011 preview. Writeup is here.
Nigel-Cabourn-Yuketen-Fall-2011-01.jpg
DSC_9735.JPG
DSC_0859.JPG

bbhewee

Reaction score
Those eBay ones look like development samples for the final collection... Can't be a mere coincidence, can it?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
hot java, they also remind me of the Yuketen for WWM collab. I think these are from that collab but I could be wrong. http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/WOOLRI...H/sts/sr_men80
hey hot java, did you confirm what you had was a yuketen? give the nice people at hermosa a call
smile.gif
raven, those arent yuketen they are a collab with russell moc. but yes, both wwm and eg have indeed used yuketen in their lookbooks and wwm has done a couple collabs with wwm. the one at yoox were made by russell though.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
hey hot java, did you confirm what you had was a yuketen? give the nice people at hermosa a call
smile.gif

raven, those arent yuketen they are a collab with russell moc.

Ah yes, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
Ah yes, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

its okay, they all start to look the same after a while. yuketen uses a very unique stitching construction around the toe area that is recognizable if your like me and stare at enough of their shoes
smile.gif
im a yuketen shoe nerd, obviously.

russell is also a very popular line ... especially for those that want something a tad more substantial. their triple vamp construction is about as sturdy as shoe making gets.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Those eBay ones look like development samples for the final collection... Can't be a mere coincidence, can it?
oh my. its all in the details my friend. look at the stitching around the toe area. yuketen uses a very specific pattern. is it possible both nc and yuki made up some moc-up's that use different construction typically found on a yuketen and those all of a sudden landed at a stp? um ... sure
smile.gif

mikecch

Reaction score
Can't someone just give Yuketen a call or e-mail to confirm the authenticity of the eBay boots?
Just because it looks like this or looks like doesn't provide all that much objective information.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
context is getting yuketen and the monitaly line this coming summer! this is great news people! sam and ryan, please, please, please dont jack up the price like many other yuketen retailers have. please ... ?
smile.gif

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
Can't someone just give Yuketen a call or e-mail to confirm the authenticity of the eBay boots? Just because it looks like this or looks like doesn't provide all that much objective information.
yes, they already have confirmed they had nothing to do with those.

hot*java

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
yes, they already have confirmed they had nothing to do with those.

Simply not true. You just can't seem to resist the chance to speak with apparent but unwarranted authority, even after you agreed to drop it.

The truth is that after the full story was provided to Paul at Yuketen, he has gone silent and not responded to me or agreed to talk with me and Sierra.

Just for your benefit, I have have sent him another email, including the new information regarding the striking similarity to the just-announced Nigel Cabourn for Yuketen boot for Fall 2011. The evidence (including Yuketen's lack of response) all points to these boots being production samples for Yuketen - not that they had nothing to do with them as you assert. As I said, if I hear something I'll share it. I'll assume you'll return the courtesy and let this go (as you agreed) unless you actually get some new information.

Ry'on

Reaction score
The 'Yuketen' samples on eBay are made in one of their older factories, and are 2nds. They were never meant to be sold and it is not Yuketen that is selling them. They are not Yuketens, like the samples Yuketen doesn't show or make are not Yuketens. They are not good enough for Yuketen, and there are production flaws and errors on many of them.

The newer model for NC is not really developed just for Nigel, as there is similar styles in the collection, but Nigel has made some tweaks, just like Inventory did with the Maine Guide Shoe.

I personally would not buy those factory seconds on ebay. They are not near the product that Yuketen sells to their wholesale accounts, so don't buy them and think you're getting a finished Yuketen product.

Finally... retailers are not 'jacking' up the prices. Yuketen is using better and better leathers, hardware, crepe, and other materials every season - combined with the fact that the price of all of these materials has gone up in the last few years. The shoes just cost that much to make, nobody is sitting back launghing it up in a bathtube filled with money because of selling or making Yuketen.

raven37457

Reaction score
I received my first pair of Yuketen Angler Mocs labeled Horween x Softy Glove Caramel from the S/S 2010 collection today. Here are my impressions. The mocs are extremely comfortable and it feels like the footbed is reinforced with support in the arch, it is like walking on a cloud. I think I could have went up a 1/2 size as it feel a bit narrow in the toe box. I am a 10.5 D and I got a 10.5 E. However, it is not uncomfortable and they may need to be broken in. With this said, the leather is of very high quality and the stitching is amazing. I hope to have these for many years. Here are some pics. Thanks to whatever123 for all the advice and help finding them.
DSCF0028-3.jpg
DSCF0029-3.jpg
DSCF0031.jpg
DSCF0035.jpg
Yuketen vs. Eastland comparison
DSCF0023-4.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads