• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Just finished Seven. I enjoyed everything except for the guy with the strap on knife marital aid...grossed me out just thinking about it. Even though Spacey didn't appear until an hour and a half in, he stole the show.
de-teCT-IVE!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been on a Cary Grant kick lately. Really enjoyed Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream House, thought North by Northwest was a bit meh, and have started The Toast of New York.

North by Northwest suffered because the set pieces are so iconic. I'd seen bits of the film, too, so it felt like I already knew everything that happened.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. About to watch this. Enthiran, a Kollywood (apparently Tamil) scifi movie that looks like a souped up, cracked out Terminator. I have links for it if anyone is interested.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch the original "The Out of Towners" with Jack Lemmon. It's on Youtube. Absolutely, positively worth the watch. It gets side splittingly hilarious around 10 minutes in. He was an actor's actor.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Father of my Children.
Contemporary French movie about movie producer and his family. All performances are spot on, not an ounce of spare direction or dialogue. Probably one of the best movies I saw last year.
Wait for the Hollywood re-make if you like happy endings and prefer not to read subs.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Five Easy Pieces
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Mean Streets
The Shining
Serpico
Dog Day Afternoon
Fargo
Blue Velvet
Factotum
Risky Business

CharlieWhite

Reaction score
Stranger than paradise
Dead man
Elephant man
Eraserhead

Jim and David are two dope boyz

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen The Matrix. Should I?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Logan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
I've never seen The Matrix. Should I?

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
No.

Originally Posted by imatlas
+1

Really? The first one was awesome. The other 2 kinda ruined it.

I just watched 127 Hours. I thought it was pretty good. I saw the guy on Letterman years ago when he wrote the book, I never did bother to read it though.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieWhite
Stranger than paradise
Dead man
Elephant man
Eraserhead

Jim and David are two dope boyz

I take it you've seen Down By Law and Lost Highway?

Pinhas

Reaction score
a guide to recognizing your saints

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads