• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Here's me today. The shirt is a light yellow/ecru, though it doesn't show up well. I rarely wear it because yellow/beige/etc. can be iffy with my complexion. But I don't think this one makes me look too ill.
DSCF6994.jpg

Agree with the praise for this. Suit fabric looks lovely. I think cream-ish shirts go very well with grey. PS is not to my taste, but that really is just personal preference.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Then here. Hallelujah.
Picture697-1.jpg

Say it again. Amen.

Picture733-1.jpg

I just decided I don't like you any more.

wink.gif

Originally Posted by yfyf
2011-01-28-mark-chan-s.jpg

Perfect. I can't think of anything to nit-pick in this fit. Which is annoying.

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
If I told you it was wool challis would that make it better? It is.
happy.gif

Er, like, wow.

RJE

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang

Does the burgundy tie work with the purple shirt?

Originally Posted by niidawg3
- No it doesnt, particularly because of the color of the s/c and p/s.
- Seriously KW - you are a purveyor of fine men's goods, yet your s/c's are consistently disappointing. better fitting s/c's will significantly lift your shirts/ps and ties and advertise them better. come on maaan!!
- And NDW's stripes work - they are totally different scales.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=31723 NDW's tie/shirt stripes aren't terrible, but not great. Too close. You can get away with a broad striped tie on a fine-average striped shirt, but it's the yellow stripe which seems too close to the shirt stripes.

KW Your fit is fine - wide-shouldered yes, but not ridiculous. Waspy, and couldn't be taken any further, but not bad. I like the lack of tension at the waisting - note the greater tension evident at SoS's less waspy waist http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9417/p1060455d.jpg. The tie/shirt combination in abstract is fine. The purple tie seemed a bit dark for the jacket, but as I shifted my angle it became lighter. I'd change the ps though - struggling here, but maybe light blue-ish?

Now Acridsheep, http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=31725 those shoulders are wide. Take a look just under the shoulders on the sleeve - you see the sleeve on both sides collapsing (terminology?)?

MrChris http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=31756 Are you trying to take over from Trini? Sometimes I think he's posting again when I see your shots (and those of Harry2Quinn). Great fabric and combination generally, although as NDW said, that PS is blah. I have a dark yellow paisley I would have worn; a white, or blue, solid would also be fine. We could do with a full length shot though.

Nii That's a lot of shirt between the lapels and tie. Feels too wide. That's a lot of shirt cuff showing - 2"? Even making allowance for the bag and angle, that's a lot.

MBreinin Length is fine. Edge dressing!

SoS +1 on the deeper V.

YFYF Great as always, but an odd effect in the photo - one lapel looks peak, the other notch.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn

photo2-2.jpg

You are ablaze with color! I love this jacket--especially the surgeon cuffs. And the links.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
new digs?
New joint in progress. Just tossed an RL cashmere cable pillow on one of the chairs, snagged it on the bay for dirt, better than my price at work.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NoBD...
eh.gif
laugh.gif
worship.gif

-TTO

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sprezzatura, to the best of my understanding, is the quality of style characterized by a studied spontenaity of dress, and an insouciant and idiosyncratic attitude of accessorization. If one does it well, one is supposed to look thrown together, in some respects, but thrown together perfectly.

Maintaining an insouciant attitude in one's dress the day after an 18-inch blizzard does take some fortitude, and my ideas for today's attire have been molded by a desire to wear only things soon destined for the dry cleaners, so this may not be the perfect example of "sprezzatura", but it is spontaneous enough I think, at least for the purposes of this contest.

As for photography, "sprezzatura" is all about flash, and after looking at yesterday's non-flash photos, I think that I prefer flash for documentary purposes. When I can figure out how to make non-flash photos without murkiness, I will revert to non-flash.

Allora!

P1020562534x1280.jpg

P1020561537x1280.jpg

P1020560871x1280.jpg

P10205591080x1280.jpg

P10205571011x1280.jpg

P1020558960x1280.jpg

PTWilliams

Reaction score

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Panama hat
Gucci shirt
Brioni Jacket
Kiton Jeans
Farragomo shoes

Sprezzatura

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have to be conservative with my Sprezz today, so
Standard issue Southwick suit
BB Shirt
Mountain & Sackett Paisley tie
Trafalgar braces

sprezz01.png

sprezz02.png

But, the pièce de rÃ
00a9.png
sistance,

Alden Shell Cordovan Wingtips and socks

sprezz03.png

ndw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
Great combo.

Originally Posted by RJE
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=31723 NDW's tie/shirt stripes aren't terrible, but not great. Too close. You can get away with a broad striped tie on a fine-average striped shirt, but it's the yellow stripe which seems too close to the shirt stripes.

Thanks for the comments, guys. It's interesting hearing the difft opinions as to whether the stripes work. Shows (to me at least) how subjective these things can be.

Originally Posted by LilacCords
greens2.jpg

^Nice - very pitti. I would have gone for more contrast with the PS (less matchy with the sweater) and I like those loafers. Mind disclosing the brand?

Originally Posted by NOBD
waywrnpittichallenge.jpg

^Nails it. The silk knots in the button hole.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by upr_crust
P1020562534x1280.jpg

Nice - quite the outfit for after a snow storm! I prefer your pics sans flash, but that's just me...

EBugatti

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LilacCords
Friday challenge
wink.gif
greens2.jpg
green5.jpg
green.jpg

Lilac-- I think you're the early leader at the moment... many of the Pitti elements done well--white trou/jeans, blue blazer, jaunty tie knot, unusual shoe color, fun lapel "item", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads