• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't see anything on Gilt, damn.

I have a fetish for denim on sale so I am srsly disappoint.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Just wanted to make sure you guys saw the N&F jeans for $29 and $39 on Gilt's final sale today

Yeah, I ended up grabbing some WGs in a 29. Hoping they don't end up being too big based on the vanity sizing + stretching everyone's talking about. No big loss if they are, I guess, given the ridiculous discount.

TheJer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
About after how many wears do you think the stretching occurred? NF jeans are pretty cheap so I may pick up a pair.

I have Slim Guys and have been wearing them for about 4 months now. I sized down 1 and they were pretty tight in the waist upon first wear. Now with my belt on, I can slide them down from my waist below my butt with relative ease. Thinking I might be getting close to needing a soak to shrink them back up a little. Pics to follow soon!

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're buying weird or slim guys you need to size down 2 to take into account the full stretch, should be the 1st commandment

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went tts on the skinny fit; I used to own 1 size down skinnys, but they were way too tight.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody is a size 34, I'm letting go a great-condition pair of Weird Guys for just $60. Check the signature.
teacha.gif

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
if you're buying weird or slim guys you need to size down 2 to take into account the full stretch, should be the 1st commandment

generally speaking its pretty hard to find size 27 slimguys in the stores i go to

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Which pairs of N&F were up on giltman?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz

Yeah, meaning a 28 might be better for me, but those sold out.

Originally Posted by Dj5h1fT
Which pairs of N&F were up on giltman?

Indigo WGs and brown SGs.

rdgn123

Reaction score
i went tts on a pair of weirdguys and i couldn't even button the bottom button.
lol8[1].gif
curse my thighs.

snow goose

Reaction score
I think i've made the situation better, i went back to the shop and even though the jeans were supposed to be final sale, i got to exchange. I exchanged them for 31 Weird Guys in the same wash. I'm not too sure if the sizing is okay, but these feel tighter than my normal 29x30 or 30x30 Levis jeans...

So, what's the procedure on these?

Originally Posted by snow goose
So, my cousin just bought Naked And Famous - Weird Guy- Vintage Blue Selvedge, and they are about 1-2 inch too big on the waist when i tried them on? Is there anyway to make it shrink down so it fits me better, while still getting the best out of them? Unfortunately, i can't get exc/refunds, and i'm a noob at this, didn't expect my cousin to buy raw for me...

also, if i use a belt, why does the back of my jeans kinda distort, is it because of the belt? or the jeans?

Or should i just ignore everyone and just wear em anyways?

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Yeah, meaning a 28 might be better for me, but those sold out.

Indigo WGs and brown SGs.

Ah **** I would've bought like 3 pairs of Weird Guys for that price.

coco2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdgn123
i went tts on a pair of weirdguys and i couldn't even button the bottom button.
lol8[1].gif
curse my thighs.

same here. theyre a bit too tight in the thigh, but Im kinda used to the discomfort now. still freakishly snug after a few weeks of constant wear, hopefully theyll loosen up a bit more soon.

supermidget

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Just wanted to make sure you guys saw the N&F jeans for $29 and $39 on Gilt's final sale today

how i wish i'd seen that earlier in the day. what sizes did they have?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads