• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Amkq

Reaction score
Regent (Black calf, leather sole)
Henry (Brown calf, double leather sole)
Lambourn (Brown and black calf, leather sole)

Jayboy

Reaction score
Hi fellow Tricker´s heads. Im about to buy my first trickers, and im a bit confused about sizing. Im a true 41, us8. In converse, 41, CP, 40. Clarks, DR Martens, 41.

What size should i get in Bourton/Keswicks?

Regards,
Jay

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stow, Espresso Burnished, since 2007

tricker4years.jpg

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jayboy
Hi fellow Tricker´s heads. Im about to buy my first trickers, and im a bit confused about sizing. Im a true 41, us8. In converse, 41, CP, 40. Clarks, DR Martens, 41.

What size should i get in Bourton/Keswicks?

Regards,
Jay

I'd go for a UK7. Maybe even 6.5 if you have a low instep.

Jayboy

Reaction score
Thats what i figured- had my eyes on a pair of black Keswick UK8´s, but i guess i have to pass on them. And i just picked up a pair of brown Dr Martens Ormond, looks like the Trickers Stow, in UK7. And they where too small.. Nothing goes my way for the moment
smile.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A picture of these beauties arrived in my inbox five minutes ago and it took approximately 60 seconds before the battle of desire over financial sense was over:

!CD83WB!!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!gwE05yEC9QyBNQSZhJN6Q~~1_12.JPG

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jayboy
Thats what i figured- had my eyes on a pair of black Keswick UK8´s, but i guess i have to pass on them. And i just picked up a pair of brown Dr Martens Ormond, looks like the Trickers Stow, in UK7. And they where too small.. Nothing goes my way for the moment
smile.gif

I'm same size, and wear Trickers UK7, dont size down as they do not run long and your toes might feel crushed

as for the DM ormond, one of my fave boots, but as with ALL doc marten shoes/boots ime, you need to size up 1, so I take the Ormond (and all other DMs) in size UK8

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm same size, and wear Trickers UK7, dont size down as they do not run long and your toes might feel crushed

as for the DM ormond, one of my fave boots, but as with ALL doc marten shoes/boots ime, you need to size up 1, so I take the Ormond (and all other DMs) in size UK8

I find Trickers pretty true to size for UK boots - I'm an 11F in most C&J, Grenson, Loakes, Barker etc. and find an 11 fitting 5 is pretty much spot on, They're a tad wider in the forefoot than some brands (suits me nicely). For reference a 12D Redwing Iron Ranger fits me pretty well, but is on the narrow side.

As an aside can I recommend signing up to this forum member's site: http://sizeadvisors.com/about/

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
A picture of these beauties arrived in my inbox five minutes ago and it took approximately 60 seconds before the battle of desire over financial sense was over:

!CD83WB!!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!gwE05yEC9QyBNQSZhJN6Q~~1_12.JPG

These are gorgeous... What's the model name?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
These are gorgeous... What's the model name?

Brad Logger boots

They're coming from the Trickers Factory shop - I'm guessing they were an unwanted made to order model or an old special/collaboration. The only place I know of that sells Trickers Logger boots is shoe healer : https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...Boot_2150.html , and as standard they're calf and with the speed hooks at the top rather than eyelets all the way up.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Brad Logger boots

They're coming from the Trickers Factory shop - I'm guessing they were an unwanted made to order model or an old special/collaboration. The only place I know of that sells Trickers Logger boots is shoe healer : https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/Tricker...Boot_2150.html , and as standard they're calf and with the speed hooks at the top rather than eyelets all the way up.

Cheers. I may give Richard a shout.

Originally Posted by Jellybean
blackhist-diafvine-trickers-brogue-country-boots-1.jpg

Tried to order these beauties off the net but couldn't make sense of korean website!
More here: http://hypebeast.com/2010/01/blackhi...country-boots/

I would contact Richard at the Shoe Healer. He should be able to order you a pair following these specs (black scotch grain, black calf, commando sole).

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Just added these to the stable from Leather Soul, been wanting a burgundy Stow boot for quite a few years now.

nt4.jpg

nt8.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads