• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
nothing special. an ok deal on sale/with a coupon.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
what is the quality like on jcrew footwear? The suede bucks are exactly what I'm looking for.

I've found the quality to be mediocre at best. I've returned many pairs due to defects after minimal wear. Good thing is that J Crew has always taken them back no questions asked.

But I think you could do better for the price.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
I've found the quality to be mediocre at best. I've returned many pairs due to defects after minimal wear. Good thing is that J Crew has always taken them back no questions asked.

But I think you could do better for the price.

recommendations?

Biff

Reaction score
...was thinking of copping this, but may be a little too creamsicle:

images%5FonFigure%5F36%5F36962%5F36962%5FWA1858%5Fm%5Ftif%5F76ab0b33fa7f1854.jpg

...thoughts, please?

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biff
images%5FonFigure%5F36%5F36962%5F36962%5FWA1858%5Fm%5Ftif%5F76ab0b33fa7f1854.jpg
...thoughts, please?

I don't like the faded, old style Jah have on some of their cloths. It is nice but notice how it fades from the bottom up.

imposter2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biff

...thoughts, please?

I like it, but keep in mind that they're running a bit short this year for some reason. I tried on a small in a different color in my local B&M store and it was wayyyyy too short. I didn't try on a medium because they didn't have any in stock at that point. What worries me with the medium is that it might be too wide, but just right in length.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the reappearing Fireman's jacket? This was a seemingly coveted item last year in black (it sold out quickly), and now it's in navy.

How is the quality? Fit?

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imposter2012
I like it, but keep in mind that they're running a bit short this year for some reason. I tried on a small in a different color in my local B&M store and it was wayyyyy too short. I didn't try on a medium because they didn't have any in stock at that point. What worries me with the medium is that it might be too wide, but just right in length.

My indigo sweatshirt is an M... It is indeed a tad wide, but not to where it bothers me... Pretty comfy, actually...

Originally Posted by Guus
I don't like the faded, old style Jah have on some of their cloths. It is nice but notice how it fades from the bottom up.

Ya... I see... Reason I ask is that I have the same sweatshirt, but the indigo version... Fading on it is similar and, TBH, I like it...

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imposter2012
Maybe it's because of people complaining about XS being too large.
laugh.gif

yesssir

Reaction score
I saw the fireman jacket in person today and it's a nice spring jacket but it's definitely not worth the retail price. I would only kop it on a discount because it's extremely thin.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yesssir
I saw the fireman jacket in person today and it's a nice spring jacket but it's definitely not worth the retail price. I would only kop it on a discount because it's extremely thin.

I don't think it'll go on discount. Or if it does, it'll go extremely quickly. Happened last year.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Even with the 20% off coupon its still 200 bucks + tax. Hopefully it will stay up until sale time, but I doubt it.

raptorrapture

Reaction score
I noticed that they're offering a lot more shirts in the slim fit, including some of the Secret Wash shirts. This is awesome, and I hope they expand their selection to everything in the store eventually. It's part of the reason I prefer J. Crew over BR or other mall retail stores. The slimmer cut works for guys like me, and J. Crew is one of the few places that offer it. I don't understand why they're priced higher than normal items though. Aren't slim cuts saving them material?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads