• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crump's Brother
used the other 40% off code tonight to try out the slim fit chinos

anyone have them?

slim fit chinos not on sale, so I don't think the coupon will work on them...
straight chinos are decent for $10, but I'd prefer if they had some taper. Nothing awesome, much better than dockers though and equivalent to $40-50 chinos from jcrew/nordstrom/etc.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
ust took them out of the dryer. fabric is much too lightweight and it puckers at the seams around the pockets etc. garbage

this just happened to me upon trying to shrink the marled blazer. the fit is better now now but theres puckering around the pockets :/

photoovr.jpg

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
straight fit cords, i do not recommend ... just took them out of the dryer. fabric is much too lightweight and it puckers at the seams around the pockets etc. garbage

+1
They're garbage.
And way too baggy.

Doug C

Reaction score
Any fit pics of the Down Puffer Jacket, including the interior and hood please ? TIA.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone got a small overdyed oxford they can post the length? I'm wondering if they are the same lengths as the poplins

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the shirts in the dryer? Do they shrink up a lot?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my experience with the oxfords and chambrays is that they do not shrink much. I always toss mine in the dryer as I'm lazy and cheap shirts get dried that way (I do hang my nice shirts to dry always)

insideman

Reaction score
got about 10 items and like them all including the marled blazer, shawl jacket, the overdyes, and the chambray.

All fit pretty slim; slimmer than JCrewand a tad looser than Uniqlo, but the quality is more flimsy than uniqlo.

The overdyes are a bit longer than the chambray. Prob by about an inch.

canvas sneakers are eh, but for the price theyll be fine beaters for the summer.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
+1
They're garbage.
And way too baggy.

+1. Took em out of the bag and didnt even try em on after getting a look at them. They need work.

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
slim fit chinos not on sale, so I don't think the coupon will work on them...
straight chinos are decent for $10, but I'd prefer if they had some taper. Nothing awesome, much better than dockers though and equivalent to $40-50 chinos from jcrew/nordstrom/etc.

i used the coupon code for 40% off the highest item on the slim fit chinos

Originally Posted by HOT Sriracha
Anyone have experience with the shirts in the dryer? Do they shrink up a lot?

i was wondering the same thing...i got size small and medium since i've never had experience with lands end canvas shirts before and i just tried my items i ordered from the sale on shortly ago and i felt like i could wear either 'cause the sleeve length was pretty much long enough on both sizes

the medium fit slim and the small fit slimmer...probably gonna wet one of each size and throw them in the dryer and see where i stand on each size afterwards

masont

Reaction score
My order of 2 small poplins, 2 v-neck sweaters, and a scarf shipped today. Only $50, so I'm pretty pumped.

Can anyone comment on the fit of their shirts vs. the Express 1MX?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads