• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by islay
That´s a nice fit, is that your usual size? I heard you have to size up 1 in this model Cheers
that is a size 34, which is true to size. they fit a little better then in that pic as it was pre-wash. but they didnt shrink much at all, maybe a 1/2 in the waist and inseam and 1/4 everywhere else. i would order tts unless you have large thighs. you might even be able to go down a size if you have small thighs and like a the low-rise fit. these dont stretch much but they will stretch to conform to your build so i would do tts unless you have problems with most jeans in the thigh area. i highly recommend these jeans ... ******* amazing.

Biff

Reaction score
Man... this has been said numerous times, but I have to say that the denim is really nice... Not to mention all the unique details that these jeans have...

Just copped a pair of Sammy 710's last month and I'm 'doing research' for a little roomier cut that I'd be interested in getting... I'm thinking 201's fit the bill...

But must... resist... temptation...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biff
Man... this has been said numerous times, but I have to say that the denim is really nice... Not to mention all the unique details that these jeans have...

Just copped a pair of Sammy 710's last month and I'm 'doing research' for a little roomier cut that I'd be interested in getting... I'm thinking 201's fit the bill...

But must... resist... temptation...

why? i never do.

201 would work nicely!

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
why? i never do.

201 would work nicely!

AWW... Wha'd you have to go and say that?
laugh.gif

...that much closer to losing the battle and copping...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
AWW... Wha'd you have to go and say that?
laugh.gif

...that much closer to losing the battle and copping...

well, it will be a nice compliment to your 710xx's. my current rotation is samurai, momotaro and fullcount, at least thru 2011. im telling you man, the momotaro denim is stunning.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
momotaro big 0705 size 34.

these are ballin, patch is dope, fit is dope, everything is awesome. fuckin awesome.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
these are ballin, patch is dope, fit is dope, everything is awesome. fuckin awesome.
thanks. i like the patch too. they had them move the battles stripes from the back pocket to the patch. gordon is so clever with his custom details.

Biff

Reaction score
well, it will be a nice compliment to your 710xx's. my current rotation is samurai, momotaro and fullcount, at least thru 2011. im telling you man, the momotaro denim is stunning.

Don't I know it...
bounce2.gif

Right at this sec, mine is FH 310, Skull 5010, Sammie 710... Momo's are calling, though...

chroMe

Reaction score
the goodhood store sells a few styles

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yes, i know i am going pic crazy with these jeans but i am totally nerding out with this momotaro denim ... no hate please! fit pic after stretching in full. you can see i have some flare but its not bad at all considering im a size 34.
DSCN0352-1.jpg
denim close-up's
DSCN0375.jpg
DSCN0367.jpg
DSCN0377.jpg
okay, no more pics until i get some actual wear
smile.gif

Islander

Reaction score
I'm doing the opposite: my 201s fit great but 0705/0701 are too tight in the thighs for me so I've been looking at the S710XX as a slimmer/more tapered pair.

Biff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Islander
I'm doing the opposite: my 201s fit great but 0705/0701 are too tight in the thighs for me so I've been looking at the S710XX as a slimmer/more tapered pair.

Do you have any other jeans as other reference points? For me, I own a pair of FH 310s (size 34), Skull 5010 (33) and the Sammie 710 (34).

Out of these 3 pair's I'd say the Sammies (post 2 boiling hot soaks 2 days apart from each other)are the least snug...

Hope that helps...

If you could, post fit pics of your Momo's... Curious...

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do you have any other jeans as other reference points? For me, I own a pair of FH 310s (size 34), Skull 5010 (33) and the Sammie 710 (34). Out of these 3 pair's I'd say the Sammies (post 2 boiling hot soaks 2 days apart from each other)are the least snug... Hope that helps... If you could, post fit pics of your Momo's... Curious...
hey biff, i know this is the momo thread but im curious about your skulls. do you like them? do you recommend that cut ... i am similar to your build.

Biff

Reaction score
...not to **** up this thread buuuuut...

I do indeed like them... Those are the slimmest of the 3 I mentioned above... Just the right amount of taper... Liked them so much that I have a pair in indigo and black...

They were my first real pair of slimmer jeans... Got the older pair with all cotton thread... Almost 4 years (on/off wear) and a crotch repair/reinforcement later, they're still going strong.

However... just heard through the boards that their quality has gone downhill significantly...

Ok, back on track:

More momo pics (especiallhy of the 201's) pleez!!!

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, back on track:

More momo pics (especiallhy of the 201's) pleez!!!

Look in this thread, I've posted fit and evo pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads