• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Local_Disk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

White and Blue oxfords should be here in about four weeks. I tweaked the details a bit on them to set them apart from the pack.

I'm really psyched to hear that since I'm in the market for white and blue oxfords. Can you elaborate a little on what you tweaked?

racknac

Reaction score
got the olive chinos with the recommendation to size down 1 from the normal chino size... it fits, but definitely a lot tighter than my normal chino fit.

racknac

Reaction score
Without shirt tucked in they are fine, but start to get snug when I tuck a shirt in. Olive chinos ate are almost painted to ******... and I'm Asian so that is quite a feat.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racknac
Without shirt tucked in they are fine, but start to get snug when I tuck a shirt in. Olive chinos ate are almost painted to ******... and I'm Asian so that is quite a feat.
I hear ya. The ODs in 31 are a perfect fit for me, and the others in 32 are just a bit loose, so I think the ODs are more like a half-size smaller than the other chinos. I think the other chinos in 31 would be too snug on me.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Is it just me or does the cotton tape that runs along the outseam of the riveted chinos shrink after washing causing upward ripples along the seam?

Mine has, a tiny bit. (i wash in cold, gentle, then hang dry). Ironing will fix that -- just turn the leg inside out and stretch the taping with your hand as you go down.

IMO the tape is a nice signature feature...but i wouldn't mind it if it were self-coloried. The white stands out a bit too much with certain fits...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinted voice
Will you stock any tropical weight grey or light grey trousers?

Absolutely, we'll have a full delivery of Super 120's dress trousers in the next six weeks or so. It's very close to the tropical, so I'm not sure if we'll run that too - but there's definitely two grey tones in there.

Originally Posted by racknac

Haha, finally I've made an Asian-friendly booty pant!

But don't worry, if you can wear them comfortably enough now, then they'll definitely break in with wear. The fabric is 100% cotton, so you can expect them to give at least a half inch around the waist.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike. Any plans on bringing out your Thorogood No. 685 collaboration boot or something similar in all black? I love the look and price of them but I just can't justify buying them in brown. I already have 2 brown boots, brown boat shoes, and brown loafers. I need something in black.

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Hey Mike. Any plans on bringing out your Thorogood No. 685 collaboration boot or something similar in all black? I love the look and price of them but I just can't justify buying them in brown. I already have 2 brown boots, brown boat shoes, and brown loafers. I need something in black.

Black & Tan Indy
teacha.gif

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I prefer all black. Not really a fan of the different colored sole, plus I'm on a budget.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland

Absolutely, we're working on that exact item for Fall. Bad f-ing ass black horsehide! Should come in around early September

Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Hey Mike,

I think, several months ago, you talked on here about doing a skinny cut pant...I believe the term you used was cigarette. Any update on those plans?

Thanks

Yup, still working on it - we'll see if we can bring those out for Spring, but I'm still planning it for this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads