• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking of changing S4 order color... maybe Meteor Gray???

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
AmEx does car insurance?

Yea, I wasnt aware of that either.... MA. just opened their doors to allowing for competition between providers, so up till mid-2010 htere was a monopoly here... I had commerce for years and the rates were ridic..

Getting quotes from:
Allstate
Amica
Geico
Liberty Mutual, and
Progressive at the moment.

So far Geico seems to be the best (price-wise anyway)... however they dont provide homeowners and I'd really like to have everything together. I am not sure Amex provides in MA. cause I didnt see them listed on the state insruance website.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
Yea, I wasnt aware of that either.... MA. just opened their doors to allowing for competition between providers, so up till mid-2010 htere was a monopoly here... I had commerce for years and the rates were ridic..

Getting quotes from:
Allstate
Amica
Geico
Liberty Mutual, and
Progressive at the moment.

So far Geico seems to be the best (price-wise anyway)... however they dont provide homeowners and I'd really like to have everything together. I am not sure Amex provides in MA. cause I didnt see them listed on the state insruance website.

I ended up going with GEICO in the end when I did the same search a few weeks ago. Also transferred from Commerce or one of the other MA insurance cos that I was with for awile. GEICO had great rates but it doesn't hurt I have never had a ticket.

darnelled

Reaction score
Anyone know if the S5 and S4's have the same carbon build-up issues as the RS4's?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
Anyone know if the S5 and S4's have the same carbon build-up issues as the RS4's?

Don't quote me on this, but I think the carbon build-up is present on the FSI 4.2L V8 engines.. so the S5 does, but the S4 doesn't, seeing as the S4 is a supercharged V6.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brianja
Meteor is a little boring IMO. I have Daytona Gray and love it, but it's not available on the S4. I know Imola can kill resale value, but I have never heard the same about Sprint. […]
795821455_PjSZ2-M-1.jpg

IMO, Imola yellow is by far the best color. If you don't plan on reselling it, why are you concerned about resale value?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imola looks a little juvenile imo, it kind of reminds me a fast and the furious... If I were going to get something yellow it would be a lambo or something along those lines that stood up to such an standout color. I think it looks out of place on an S4.

However this wasnt always my opinion of it. When I first started looking I really like Imola (the first time I saw it) and then it wore off.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Imola looks a little juvenile imo, it kind of reminds me a fast and the furious... If I were going to get something yellow it would be a lambo or something along those lines that stood up to such an standout color. I think it looks out of place on an S4.

However this wasnt always my opinion of it. When I first started looking I really like Imola (the first time I saw it) and then it wore off.

Lamborghini!?! I was thinking more an '88 Honda CRX, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Seriously, it is my favorite color, and I suspect the Sprite Blue will start to look really bad with age.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up going with Amica, however car pick up got pushed to atleast this weekend due the incoming snow storms on tues. and weds!! this **** is never gon end! I think like 40 more in. and we break the record...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Ended up going with Amica, however car pick up got pushed to atleast this weekend due the incoming snow storms on tues. and weds!! this **** is never gon end! I think like 40 more in. and we break the record...

Post some pics when you get it.
cheers.gif

brianja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled

The carbon buildup is present on all of the FSI (direct injected) engines. There is some thought that the B8 S4s may show less carbon buildup over time because of the supercharger, but nobody really knows yet. They haven't been around long enough. I do know that a friend of mine had a PES supercharger on his RS4 for a while (plus an oil catch can setup) and it did nothing for the carbon buildup. It was just as bad as before.

The nice thing is that once you have it cleaned out you reclaim all of that power back. We just dyno'd a friend's sprint blue RS4 (actually the one in my photo with the papayas and glut orange) and he reclaimed about 40awhp from his cleaning. I can put up his dyno plots if people are really curious.

Originally Posted by tagutcow
IMO, Imola yellow is by far the best color. If you don't plan on reselling it, why are you concerned about resale value?

It's all a matter of taste, but having seen and photographed almost every color I have to say I am least impressed with imola on the RS4. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Finally.... more/much better pics to come, just didnt have time, atm

Congrats on the new ride! I hope you are enjoying it.

tesuquegolfer

Reaction score
I have an 05 S4 in Silver and I hate that the mirrors blend with the paint color. They contrast nicely with Black and Grey. I like the way the silver mirrors say, "I am an S4." The other way is as I fly by in an seemingly innocuous sedan!

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bringing this back up because I'm curious what the OP did. I just bought an A4 yesterday in Brilliant Black. This is a flat black and deeper compared to the phantom black, which is a pearl color and softer.

I didn't want to get black because my last car was black. I wanted something different and black is a pain ********** sometimes. But black is still my favorite color so that's what I went with. Meteor gray is pretty cool but I don't think it looks as good in person as it does in pictures. I was debating between brilliant/phantom black and meteor gray for a while though. I normally don't like silver, but I like it on the A4. If Audi brings the A4 Avant Allroad to the U.S. then I may have to get that in something different.

I'm a little worried about the black paint and swirl marks. I tended to not wash my last car too much because I wanted to avoid the swirl marks. This left my car looking dirty all the time. Silver is probably the best way to go if you don't want to wash your car if you can deal with the blandness.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jbreen1
Bringing this back up because I'm curious what the OP did. I just bought an A4 yesterday in Brilliant Black. This is a flat black and deeper compared to the phantom black, which is a pearl color and softer.

I didn't want to get black because my last car was black. I wanted something different and black is a pain ********** sometimes. But black is still my favorite color so that's what I went with. Meteor gray is pretty cool but I don't think it looks as good in person as it does in pictures. I was debating between brilliant/phantom black and meteor gray for a while though. I normally don't like silver, but I like it on the A4. If Audi brings the A4 Avant Allroad to the U.S. then I may have to get that in something different.

I'm a little worried about the black paint and swirl marks. I tended to not wash my last car too much because I wanted to avoid the swirl marks. This left my car looking dirty all the time. Silver is probably the best way to go if you don't want to wash your car if you can deal with the blandness.

I went with the PB, those are the pics of my car a few posts above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads