• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, Jordan did. When Jordan aged and lost a bit of step, he has done the pump fake, dodge and then step in shot. He has been so deadly fade aways that people almost always jumps for it and Jordan took advantage of that. You can mostly see Jordan do it in his year with the Wizards. Kobe may be a bit better on it since he has shot the ball with his left hand as well.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to a certain extent he's already doing that. there's not that much call for a true point in the triangle -- fish basically posts up outside the circle and waits for an open 3 while kobe runs the offense from the pinch post. of course, almost every night there still comes a time when he decides to show everyone he can take over the game -- and a surprising amount of the time he still can.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Kobe's footworks is bar none unmatched at this point and he is one of the very few who still isn't satisfied with it. Check out this vids, you really do not see many, if any, players doing this.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

the best

sexandcandy

Reaction score
lol @ kobe not playing defense. he's been NBA All-Defense 1st Team like 8 times

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, but lately he's been freelancing a whole helluva lot and when he gets burned, it gets ridiculous. he has a way of turning minor players who are second covers into all-stars because he's halfway across the court when they get the ball.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
I dunno how I missed out on Ryan Anderson in all my leagues. In my main one someone got him like 20 seconds before me.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
That's why I laugh when people say anyone is a more complete player than Kobe. No one else can do that.

Not to give Steve more ammunition, but the only player in Kobe's generation that can come close to the "complete player" throne is Tim Duncan

sexandcandy

Reaction score
when I think "complete" i think of every single facet of the game. tim does not have a long ball. i know he's a power forward, but still.

kobe has a post game, pick and roll, pick and pop, can pass, shoot mid range, deep ball, fast break, footwork, finish at the rim, and on defense he can play 1 on 1, rotate, help defense, etc. everything.

i love watching blake griffin cause i think once he gets better as a defender he can possibly be a complete player. he's 6/10 from 3 point land this season and he's just a rookie.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^we have to make allowances for position. Kobe won't shut down all comers in the post or intimidate anyone with his shot blocking either so that makes it sort of a push in my opinion

sexandcandy

Reaction score
yeah i suppose you're right.

let's just say kobe is the most complete wing player in the league and timmy is the most complete big man.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The difference is, Duncan hasn't been dominant for 2 years now. Kobe hasn't really stopped. Duncan is probably top 5 PF's, if not #1 and it probably isn't his fault how his play has been lacking lately but Kobe just seems like he is still going strong. Not the same explosive Kobe that would reverse dunk on a blockers face but he still get there an do his thing on a nightly basis. I think that is one main difference with the two right now.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timmy's got no excuse..he plays with Manu, who we all know is > than Kobe.

/Steveb

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Man you are stupid at times. You could shoot better ft (keep in mind, Kobe shoots almost 2 more ft a game than Manu so Kobe would give you more point oppotunity) and can make 1 more 3-pointer over someone who can score 8 more pts, rebound a bit better and shoot a better fg%? Really now? Even in 3's, it's a 5% difference and Manu shoots 2 more 3's than Kobe a game.

And Kobe doesn't play defense because he gets half a steal less this year? (Kobe 1.3 to Manus 1.8) I mean seriously, the only thing Manu is good at in defense is flopping and he isn't even the best for that, Fisher has that crown.

And Kobe turns over the ball more? Manu's 2.4 TOs per game compared to Kobes 2.9? Again, what the ****! .5! Your main argument that Manu is better because he has stolen and losses the ball .5 less than Kobe? Oh wait, you forgot to mention that Manu blocks .3 more shots than Kobe and fouls more by .2. Well there goes Kobe's Hall of Fame career down the drain!

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME!!!!!

I'd give you Lebron as being better than Kobe but Wade is not there yet. And Dwight Howard? And Manu and Griffin better than Kobe this year? What the ****? You've lost all credibility by simply stating those stupid things. I really am starting to doubt your basketball knowledge.

I said THIS YEAR.

Just more LakerInsanity.

You play fantasy. Check the ratings. Yahoo compiles statistics much better than you or I ever could. Manu's in the top 10 in both of my leagues. Kobe's 21 in ours and 28 in the other.

In fact, I drafted Kobe him in our league to amuse/annoy you and to be a Top 10 player. He's stinking out my team. Just another reason to hate the *****. Should have picked Pau. But I also picked Nash and he's not doing me any favors either...

sexandcandy

Reaction score
better fantasy players =/= better player

stats don't tell the whole story

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Come to think about it, I think Durant can be mentioned in the same breath as the other players you've cited.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads