• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

always using the shoe tree?

lorcar

Reaction score
I got the shoe tree with my Tricker's stow.
Should i put it inside as soon as I take the shoes off? or just for prolonged time? or just when traveling?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Whenever your foot is not in the shoe, the shoe tree should be. Remember to rotate your shoes as well. Never wear the same ones two days in a row, they will wear out exponentially faster.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep em in always the shoes will last longer and look nicer

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lorcar
Should i put it inside as soon as I take the shoes off? or just for prolonged time? or just when traveling?

Either my foot or a shoe tree occupies my shoes. No exceptions. Some would argue that after a certain period of time, there is no point of keeping a tree in. Rubbish. Keep a tree in.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Either my foot or a shoe tree occupies my shoes. No exceptions. Some would argue that after a certain period of time, there is no point of keeping a tree in. Rubbish. Keep a tree in.

definitely. i have a pair of AEs that my dad passed to me...about 15 years old. I still keep trees in them. wouldnt make sense not to.

Tomboys

Reaction score
Yes, I even use shoe trees in my golf shoes.

retozimmermann

Reaction score
+1 to all, even the golf shoes :)

Added bonus of shoe trees: the shoes look nicer visually while waiting to be worn :)

All the best with your new shoes!
Reto

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is fine to wait a few hours, or overnight, to put in the trees. Especially if the boots (as will happen with the Stow) are wet.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
It is fine to wait a few hours, or overnight, to put in the trees. Especially if the boots (as will happen with the Stow) are wet.
You should use it as soon as possible if the shoes are wet. The reason you use cedar shoe tree is to absorb moisture. Just shove it in there, and leave the shoe in room temperature (away from furnace and such) to dry in a day or two. When travelling, just use rolled up news paper or even your socks. Some of the shoe trees can be quite heavy.

ns7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lorcar

Put the trees in within a few hours after taking your shoes off. You can probably take them out after 48 hours if you want to rotate your trees. However it's easier just to have one set of shoe trees per pair of shoes.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe trees has been one of the best discoveries I have done on this forum along neapolitan tailoring.

I love the smell my shoes got now not as before
teacha.gif

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many times has this question been asked and answered on this forum?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by westinghouse
How many times has this question been asked and answered on this forum?

i just did a tally: 453,876,234,980,134 times

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Maybe we should start filling up the wiki and then shove these questions in that direction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads